MS Word Installer launches when SpywareBlaster started

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rmbrown, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmbrown

rmbrown Registered Member

o_O
    Tuesday 27 May'03
    Portland, OR

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1, and have no problems with SpywareBlaster v 2.5.3 when opened by Administrator.

A glitch appears when SpywareBlaster is opened in the single User account (with either Administrator or Limited privileges). In that account, MS Word Installer launches when SpywareBlaster is opened, and it cannot be squelched without killing the proceess using the Task Manager.

What do I do?

Thanks

Richard M. Brown
    Portland, OR
    nepenthe0@comcast.net

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Richard,
    It could be your Word install got corrupt somehow and needs a repair install: open Word, install cd-rom at hand, in Tools (?) is an option for a repair install.
    Hope this works and solves your problem.
    Please report back if this helped!

3. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi rmbrown,

did you already check the properties of your shortcut of SpywareBlaster? Is it set to the correct path of SpywareBlaster? I guess that MS Word changed some registry entries during the installation. Did you also check the registry for wrong paths (SpywareBlaster)?

Best regards,

Patrice

4. :)
    Tuesday 27 May'03
    Portland, OR

Dear folks,

Thanks for the helpful ideas. I did have the correct SpwarewareBlaster shortcut, so that wasn't the problem. I loaded the MS Word CD at the prompt from the installer, and now the installer no longer appears when I open SpywareBlaster.

So the first suggestion was a good one. Much obliged...

Appreciatively,

'Rick'

Richard M. Brown
    Portland, OR
    nepenthe0@comcast.net

5. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

I had a similar issue with TDS-3 on several occasions. I got the office 2000 installer open up and prompt for the disk. I avoided supplying the cd several times till I finally put it and then it configured something. I was never told what it was.

I had been mucking with windows 2000 options a bit earlier. I don't think had anything to do with TDS-3.

There must have been some shared component accessed or something.

6. xor

xor Guest

it has to do with ADO Access. Download the setup package (for you OS Version) at microsoft Hompage and problems are solved.

7. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

i'm having the same problem with a website i used to have(accuweather desktop). I guess i could reload the site and see if that stops the installer. Any other suggestions? :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.