Latest Norton LiveUpdate

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Acadia, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Anyone else getting goofy results from trying to update to the latest definition? :(

Acadia

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I just checked on the PC that has NAV 2004, and while it was a large update, see image, it came down normally and seems fine.

Anything specific you are seeing as for symptoms?

Attached Files:

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hmmm, on my NAV2005 it is a two part update about 9mb in size.

Acadia

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I am. I downloaded that 1.5 MB thing and subsequently got a Blue Screen of Death. I don't know what it is, but something isn't right.

5. LowWaterMark

Did it happen right away, or following a reboot. I haven't tried rebooting yet, though I should probably do that and test a few other things, just in case.

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

LWM, you might want to run your LiveUpdate again and see what happens (then again, you might not). ;)

Acadia

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

It happened right away...now I'm getting a totally different Live Update result. It now says 8696.1 KB and when I select next to download it, it always says that the update failed during download.

8. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Mike {LWM} sent PM to me suggesting I comment -- {sorry I been very busy or would have gotten here sooner} -- only comment I have is, my wife's PC, a very old Win95C box running NAV 2001, automatically updated via LU without incident. So I do not know what the problem is here o_O I am attaching the WhatsNew.txt file for this update from my VirusDefs folder, if that might help y'all compare your WhatsNew.txt to see if you got the same update. Don't know what else to suggest .. hang in there everybody! ;) Btw, my other two PCs I had manually updated via IU so they did not "see" any LU. ;)

Attached Files:

9. LowWaterMark

Well, I rebooted and tried all kinds of things to see if any problem would occur, but it didn't. So, it may well be related to other conditions present on the different PC configurations. For the record, the PC in question is a Compaq laptop with AMD chipset, Windows XP SP2, NAV 2004, BOClean and just a few lesser privacy apps (SpywareBlaster, Spybot, IE-SpyAd...)

10. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

On the one occasion (some time ago) that Live update failed to install a signature update I manually downloaded the Intelligent update (which is the full signature file) and installed that. After that LU behaved normally again.
    Maybe worth trying.
    NAV 2003 (but the signature files are the same as for later versions).

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I updated my norton 2005 about a half hour ago and it is behaving alright so far. ;)

12. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

I also updated the large NAV file on August 23rd and have had no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.