RAID 10 array support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwalker01, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwalker01

rwalker01 Registered Member

I think my last post was too complicated. Two simple questions:

1. Does Acronis True Image 8.0 support creation and restoration of an image from and to a RAID 10 array?

2. What is the difference in functionality between the Home and Corporate Workstation versions?

Thanks.
    Rick

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

3. rwalker01

I just got the complete error message when I closed the bootable CD. "Multilevel arrays are not supported on Adaptec HostRaid controllers". I have a RAID 10 set up via tan Adaptec Host Raid Controller. Looks like it's time to ask for my money back, eh?

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Adaptec HostRaid controllers are not currently supported by the Acronis Recovery CD (I know, I have one in my PC) which is a Linux system with a basic set of device drivers. You need to create a Bartpe CD with the Acronis plug-in. You can read about it here...

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/bartpe/

Adaptec HostRaid controllers are supported by TI under Windows although I don't use RAID-10. I am using RAID-0 which is why I suggested that you check with Acronis but I am sure it will work ok.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rwalker01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

What concerns you first question, Acronis True Image 8.0 supports RAID 10 arrays.
    As for your particular RAID controller which can not be recognized by Acronis True Image 8.0 when booted from Bootable Rescue CD, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send these files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to implement the support for your RAID controller as soon as possible.

Please do not forget to make sure that you use the latest (903) build of the software prior to sending this information to us.

What concerns your second question, the major difference between Acronis True Image 8.0 and Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 is that Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 provides you with the remote backup feature.

Please read more about Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation features here.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 in the respective User's Guide.

The trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation 8.0 is available here.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  6. rwalker01

I have an Adaptec 39320 A-R ultra SCSI 320 card. Anyone know if the ASPI drivers on on the BART PE site will work? If not, any idea what drivers I would need to download from Adaptec?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.