IMON won't enable

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bbq797, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbq797

bbq797 Registered Member

Hi all!
    I just installed NOD32, but can't get IMON to enable--back and forth with their tech team, but still won't enable. I keep getting the message:"error occured while registering IMON to the system". Has anyone else had this problem. I disabled or uninstalled all other antivirus progr. adaware, spybot--anyth. that could possibly conflict (as advised by their tech team). Although Belarc Advisor still shows symantec running--but I uninstalled and deleted everyth. (files, registry etc.) (or so I thought). Does anyone have any ideas! Would be much appreciated!!!! I'm wondering if it's worth all this trouble!!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi bbq797, welcome to Wilders.

Can you please run the Winsock Repair tool found here.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. bbq797

bbq797 Registered Member

HI Blackspear--

Well, I tried to reinstall Nortons to uninstall it again (hoping that this would solve the prob.) BUT now it's installed and can't access the Internet (live update) either (I uninstalled NOD32 meanwhile). I tried the winsock repair -- no luck!! Now I have two AV progr. and neither one can access the Internet!! Ugghh!!

4. Blackspear

OK, uninstall Norton, go to their website on another machine and download their removal tool.

Then download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

REBOOT your Computer.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

Use the Winsock Fix Repair tool that I mention, reboot your machine when requested to do so.

Let us know how you go…

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You might consider using a special uninstaller from Symantec to remove NAV completely. It is known that even after uninstallation of NAV, certain leftovers remain registered in the system.

6. bbq797

bbq797 Registered Member

Hi-
    Thanks a lot for the info--I appreciate it! You are both absolutely right -- had to use removal tool to uninstall. Once I did that all is well. I do have to say though that NOD32's tech team had been extremely responsive--so no problems with their support (just took a while to figure out since I told them I uninstalled it)

Thanks again!

7. Blackspear

Good to see bbq797 and thanks for letting us know the outcome...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.