Release Question

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by puff-m-d, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Frederic,

I was wondering if you plan on a release in the near future that includes all of the current options available now for L'n'S in a single install package:

The current install method to get L'n'S "up-to-date" can be fairly involved and take quite a few reboots. This is both time consuming and somewhat involved. Even though that for some of us more experienced users, this task is not too hard, but for the novice or intermediate user this task can be a bit overwhelmoing. I believe that a single installation package that contains all of the above options is both overdue and necessary, and that L'n'S could only benefit both increased sales and better customer support by doing so.

Also if the above items are not ready for official release yet, it would be a good thing to have a beta installer version that incorporates them all into one package.

I hope you do not mind me suggesting this, as I believe that this is something that needs to be addressed in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2005
  2. sinbad370

sinbad370 Registered Member

I second this.

3. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

wasnt there a wishlist for LnS somwhere, theres many features like full IDS/IPS and full SPI that i would like to see in the next version. and then theres the Only watch thread injection or only NX-bit? bug that i would like to see fixed

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi puff-m-d,

There is still some problem with some these beta versions/features, so unfortunately nothing in a near future.
    This is true especially for lnsfw1.sys and the fact there are some problem with the NX bit/DEP protection, and also with lnssvc which is notworking very well with Fast User Switching under XP.

The version 2.05p2 is already the official one on our web site, even if it is not clearly mentioned (because it is a patch release only).

The beta lnsfw.sys seems to stable at this time, but TCP SPI seems to be still problematic with p2p usage, and I don't have a lot of feedback yet about the IPFragActive option.

Regards,

Frederic

6. puff-m-d

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your response.

I totally understand that the different beta components are not ready for release. However, have you considered putting them into a single install package for those that wish to test the betas. It would make it a lot easier and less complicated for them.

For example, I like to test another firewall every now and then. I always uninstall L'n'S when I do so. But when I go back to L'n'S, it takes a while to install and is a little involved. I like running the betas including the service as I have no problems with them. I think there a lot of people like me that like to test your betas, but it would be a lot easier and simpler if there was a single install package for all of the components.

Thanks for a great product as L'n'S is one of my "must haves".

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, sorry I didn't catch your point in your first post. I understand the problem and the question now ;)

Ok, if it is only creating a global beta package, with the components as they are today, I will see if we can do that.

Frederic

8. puff-m-d

Hi Frederic,

That is OK. The language difference does come into play every now and then ;) ...

That is what I mean exactly. Having a global beta package may even increase your beta testing base which hopefully would result in more feedback.

Again, thanks for a great product and for your time in answering my questions.

9. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Awesome, thanks!

10. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Great Idea.

I´m using thoese beta drivers and until now, no problem with them.
    I had to change my registry to work with them.
    Hope the installer can do it automatically.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

11. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Thanks Frederic. I have asked Phant0m if he would mind if his rule-set was included with the LnS distribution/installer. If he has no problems with it, can you also include it with the beta installer ?

BTW, Phant0m has said an update to his rule-set will be available soon, so it would be good if you could include this one.

Thanks again!

12. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

yes, that'd be great! any news about that? :)

13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just email frederic for becoming a beta tester at looknstop@soft4ever.com and he'll send u the link for beta package.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.