TI Server: restore individual file from SCSI tape?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vorkoster, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vorkoster

vorkoster Registered Member

I intend to schedule daily backups on a HP SCSI Ultrium tape.

According to the product documentation, backed up images on tape can't be mounted as virtual drives.

Does that mean that it is not possible to restore a individual/single file from a SCSI tape backup, and only possible to restore a complete partition from the TI image?

This hasn't be a problem for my Veritas Backup Exec at all o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vorkoster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Server.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. The current version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 does not mount the image archive on tape. We will certainly implement it in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. dethdealr

dethdealr Registered Member

when, in the future? will it be in TI9?

4. vorkoster

vorkoster Registered Member

I probably will stop continue using Acronis TI Server regularly because of this missing feature.
    Maybe I am not the only one :cautious:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dethdealr and vorkoster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that the ability to explore the image residing on the tape has not been implemented yet. It will certainly be available in the future versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.