The Best Uninstaller?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mismis29, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mismis29

mismis29 Registered Member

If this topic already has a thread, feel free to move it. ;)

I have been trying to find an uninstall program that will completely erase everything when uninstalling a program. Most, if not all, programs I have tried, have been included in those "all-in-one" utilities. The latest that I have tried is Advanced Unistaller Pro 2005. This utilitiy has an option in which you can "monitor" an installation and then be able to completley uninstall everything that was added. I followed all instructions that were needed in order for this to work ( close any applications that are running; start the newly installed application, then quit it in order for the "monitoring" to log everything). When I wanted to uninstall the new application, I still found tons of "crap" left over. I had to perform a 'Search', as well as go through the registry. I'm sure there is still a bunch of stuff that I couldn't find.

I am one of those people who tend to install and uninstall stuff regularly, so my computer is so full of junk. I need something that will help remove all the garbage effectively. I see a whole bunch of entries in my registry that I have no clue as what it is or if it's supposed to be there. Is there anything out there that will be able to identify the "garbage"?

I'm sure the opinions on this are numerous, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much. :)

2. Joseph Mansir

Joseph Mansir Registered Member

Hi mismis29, The best uninstaller that I have used is Total Uninstall at www.martau.com. There is a free older version and a new paid version. The paid version has a 30 day trial with more features and speed than the free version. I think this will solve your problem. Just download it and read the help file. Hope this helps.

3. mismis29

mismis29 Registered Member

Thanx for the suggestion Joseph :)

I checked it out at the website, and I'm just wondering if Total Uninstall will help with detecting the old junk left behind from previous uninstalls as well as new ones?

Thanx

4. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Nope. Total Uninstall will only help you with programs you monitored with TU.

Tips:
    Uninstall old programs with Add/Remove Programs.
    Search C:\Program Files for old folders.
    Also check:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner
    and
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data
    for old folders.

Try CCleaner, it's free:
    http://www.ccleaner.com/

Startup Control Panel to remove unwanted startup entrys, free:
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Clean registry with Regcleaner, free:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Honorable mention goes to RegSeeker as well.

Get it here.

HTH,

Jag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.