Iomega REV Drive Problem Fixed??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hardatwork, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardatwork

hardatwork Registered Member

I just saw the new build of True Image 8.0, build #859, posted on the web site. Previous builds have a problem doing automated backups to Iomega REV drives (each time a scheduled backup starts, it prompts the user to make sure there is a disk in the drive - "inconvenient" if you want to run automated, scheduled backups on a nightly basis : ).

Does 859 solve this problem?? If not, when will a solution be available?

Thanks,
    hardatwork

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hardatwork,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The fix is not implemented yet and Acronis Development Team is still working on it. We are really sorry for temporary inconviniences. I am sure we will be able to fix the problem soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. hardatwork

Release Notes for your builds are very thin. Does Build #889 solve the REV drive problem??

Thanks,
    hardatwork

4. hardatwork

Any guidance here? Does 889 fix the problem with REV drives stopping the backup process to ask the user to insert a disk?

Can't rightly use TrueImage with REV drives until it handles this.

Thanks,
    hardatwork

5. Acronis Support

Hello hardatwork,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. This issue has been resolved and the fix will be available in the near future but I'm afraid that exact time for this is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. hardatwork

OK, how about about Release #903?

Can you consider adding more descriptive release notes for your updates? Again, the release notes mention something about hardware support fixes.

Does THIS release fix the REV Drive problem?

hardatwork just wants to KNOW.

7. Emendelson

Emendelson Registered Member

Not fixed in build 903 either.

8. JJSchrep

JJSchrep Guest

I am using TI8 (trial version) build 903 (FYI - I will buy if this problem gets fixed) on XP Home to backup to iPod 60GB which is FAT32. I was prompted twice to insert a volume, once for the first volume and once for the second volume; after that, it automatically created the rest of the volumes. The prompting problem doesn't seem to be specific to Iomege REV.

9. JJSchrep

JJSchrep Guest

I apologize for jumping the gun (I thought it was creating the remaining volumes without asking, but I was wrong). After each volume, I get a prompt that says:

"I00640004: Please insert the next volume

Please remove the written media and mark it as Volume X then inset the next media. Press OK when ready or Cancel to cancel the operation"

Also, during the wizard operation, I was never prompted to "automatically create" the file size or to "manually limit the file size". That wizard page was never dispayed.

It should allow the file size to be manually limited and it should only prompt for the next volume if it runs out of space.

10. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Please be aware that this issue with Iomega drive has been resolved and the fix will be available in the future build (907).

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.