Problems with Hotmail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Randy_Bell, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Lately when I check my Hotmail account, Outlook Express [OE] is giving errors that the Hotmail Server doesn't exist, or that it can't communicate with the Server. I am getting similar errors in McAfee SpamKiller [MSK] when I try to check my Hotmail; it says "cannot reach the Server" or something like that. Yet I can login via a web browser [Opera, IE, Mozilla] and read Hotmail; I just can't reach it via external apps like OE or MSK. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? This just started happening the last 10 to 12 hrs or so. :doubt:

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

What is the name of the server that you are trying to connect to? If you do not know it, look it up in the Outlook configuration. Once you find the name of the server, try pinging it. Then use DNSstuff.com to ping it as well. This will tell you whether or not it is an internal network problem.

If you are not sure how to do all this, please post and I will give more details.

3. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

The Hotmail Server is an HTTP based mail server:
    http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

I just tried again and was able to download my Hotmail in OE but still got an error message at the end [see screenshot]; apparently it is still acting flaky but at least perhaps I can access Hotmail intermittently.

Thanks for your reply, Close_Hauled.

Attached Files:

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.