Browser Hijack Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by D.R., Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.R.

D.R. Guest

I read about the other programs on your site and decided to install Browser Hijack Blaster and ID-Blaster Plus on my home computer. I then uninstalled both Hijacker and ID Blaster. Now when i try to get into my IE internet options i get this message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems administrator". I can still get into the Internet Options through the Control Panel.

Anyway to get the IE internet options back?

Win Me
    I.E. 6.0.2800.1106 sp1

Thanks
    D.R.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hello D.R.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with that. That restriction is a feature often used to prevent other users of your system from changing your IE settings. It is controlled from this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions
    NoBrowserOptions="#"

If the DWORD value is "1" that restriction is in place. If it is "0" you can again use the Internet Options... item from the Tools menu.

If you don't want to go into the registry to change that value, and if you have the new version of Spybot S&D, you can change that setting through its Immunize facility. Clear the check mark from the line in the screen image below.

Hope that helps,
    LowWaterMark

Attached Files:

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Neither program you mentioned (BHB or ID-Blaster Plus) has the capability to change that value, but LowWaterMark's instructions will get you back on track nicely. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. D.R.

D.R. Guest

I used Spybot S&D to get it back.

Thx :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.