ewido security suite 3.5 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by quexx88, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

dja2k,

I don't use ewido guard because of its resources...

I'm waiting for the next version of ewido guard that will be configurable, will have new features and low resources than the current version...

Regards

2. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I was hoping to download a newer version of the beta but the link doesn't seem to function. Am I the only one who can't seem to get Ewido beta 3.5 to update? It makes it about 75% of the way then times out. I've tried about 20 times. I finally had to disable autoupdate to keep ewido from contiually trying to update.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I just downloaded the beta from here, did it in 10 seconds or something like that, so this link seems to work alright. :)

4. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Just tried the auto update from here and it worked with no problems

I don't have any local proxies or ISP based transparent proxies getting in the way, that might be something that is different

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The updates works fine to me...

6. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I just downloaded and reinstalled from the link provided unfortunately the same 5.2 mb update came up and the same 1220 second timeout occured. It's a beta so smoothe sailing isn't totally expected it's just a new twist I've not seen before. I've e-mailed Ewido support four times with nothing but an automated reply. I imagine they're pretty busy. The turn of events certainly isn't life threatening so I'll just wait for a response. Thanks for the replies and effort.

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Yes, because I'm getting all the beta 3.5 tickets and I'm also reading and posting here... :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  8. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

No more false positives and it is running well on my laptop.

Starrob

9. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I don't understand...I can't update my copy anymore?? Since yesterday.

"the connection cannot be established"

I am only using nvidia hardware firewall ... any help please? allready tried to delete all sigs to start over but it doesn't work.

10. peter.ewido

@feddup: does it work now?

11. feddup

feddup Registered Member

NO

Unfortunately the update function does not work. I use Juno ($4.99 a month) which is a terrible ISP so I certainly don't hold Ewido responsible. I've reverted to 3.0 and have high hopes for 3.6 . I really liked 3.5 beta and considered using a download manager to aid with the update. I'm still a little dismayed that I've never seen such an update problem with any other software. I like Ewido and consider it essential but the 3.5 with no definitions and constantly trying (and failing) to update itself is rather useless. Such is beta software! Nothing ventured nothing gained! Good luck on the developement. I'm far from giving up on Ewido!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Re: NO

if ewido doesnt update then either something happened with thh update servers or something with ur internet connection. i remember when i first tried ewido, and i couldnt update. i sent an email and followed their instructions with no luck but the next day or day after ewido was able to update.

13. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I've tried 20-30 times and consistently got a "connection timeout 12XXs" message. I'll try anything they suggest or, more likely, attempt when 3.6 comes out. At some point when maintaining your security software is all you do on the PC then the magic and wonder of the device is nullified. I still like ewido and will try again later. Rome was not built in a day.

14. peter.ewido

I really don't understand where the timeout occurs as our servers have a timeout of 3600s, not 1200s... :(

15. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

The issue with the memory scan with most other apps using 3 or 4 times more memory than normal during and after a memory scan.Why doesn't the memory usage drop back to normal.On my pc I have to reboot to get memory back to normal usage.
    A memory scan with Giant AS causes no higher mem readings in other apps.
    I know in an earlier thread you said not to worry about it and big numbers are a physcological thing but to be honest it does bother me. :doubt:

16. peter.ewido

It's not an issue... Why should the memory usage drop? As long as there is enough free memory everything is kept in memory, it drops as soon as more memory is needed. All scanners where the memory usage does NOT increase while doing a memory scan are not doing a FULL memory scan, many of them even just get the paths of the running processes to scan them on disk...

17. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

sorry for hjt'ing the thread, but it's solved Fish25, Out of the blue :) so thanx :D

18. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

On my system if I leave the computer running the mem usage of ewidoguard and ewidoctrl climbs from 16900 and 1900 respectively and will get up to a total over 55000. Is this what is called memory leakage?

19. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

perhaps he meant after the memory scan that it should drop?

20. peter.ewido

No, it shouldn't. Windows tries to keep things as long as possible in memory as it's way faster than reading it back from hard disk. Therefore, as long as there's free memory, it's getting used.

21. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Program and signatures update 3.5 beta

Attached Files:

22. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

since the first release is there still loads of false positives in ewido 3.5 betao_O

23. peter.ewido

which? please list + files... we currently don't know of any :(

24. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I never had "loads" :)

25. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Is the 3.5 out of beta? Also the download link doesn't seem to work for me again. For six months Ewido worked flawlessly for me. I don't know what's up. I'm sure it's operator error (me), my PC or my ISP. Still trying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.