Is this normal? About Spybot and hosts file…

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Matt_Smi, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

So I just did a scan with Spybot 1.3 and got some results that at first alarmed me! Take a look at the picture below to see what it found; when I saw coolwebsearch there I almost died! Until I saw that they were re-directed hosts and not registry entries or anything like that. This must have something to do with my hosts file (Bluetack) because after this scan I disabled it and then ran Spybot again, and it came up clean. So what is the deal here, anyone else get this? Normal? Something wrong with my hosts file which I just updated today and always keep as read only? BTW Ad-aware found nothing after scanning my hosts file.

Attached Files:

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I get the same exact thing man. I dunno what it is, I guess Spybot needs some work huh? ;)

Maybe when 1.4 goes final, all will be good again.

3. dog

dog Guest

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Ok good to know I am not the only one, thanks for the links dog. I guess I will just exclude those items from further scans or shut off my hosts file when I scan from now on.

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on that dog. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.