Append tag appearing TWICE in emails - Why?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Vance Kapene, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vance Kapene

Vance Kapene Guest

Can you please tell me how to stop my emails appending the checked tag twice?

__________ NOD32 1.1099 (20050516) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
    http://www.eset.com

__________ NOD32 1.1099 (20050516) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
    http://www.eset.com

I use Proxy+ as a mail server for my home network (3xpop3 accounts brought in by proxy then delivered to local mail accounts - Outlook Express downloads pop3 from Proxy+).
    Proxy+ has a plug-in for NOD32. The plug-in sends all incoming pop3 emails (from all accounts) to NOD32 for checking before delivering to local mail accounts.

I suspect that the Proxy server sends the email to NOD32, checks it, then appends the tag and sends it back to the server. The when I bring the email into Outlook Express from the server, NOD32 re-checks the email and again appends the tag to the email, hence two tags.
    I guess what I'd really like to know is whether I can stop the 2nd check when the mail is brought into Outlook Express. I still want the Proxy server to use teh plug-in to check the emails because NOD32 is only installed on the PC running Proxy+. I don't want to turn off the Append Tag because it provides some proof of checking (and it looks cool!).
    For the avoidance of doubt, the other PC's that receive email from Proxy+ don't have NOD32 installed and their emails only append the tag once.
    Thank you all v. much. Cheers, Vance.

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

One tag is append by the mail server when the email comes, and the other by your local NOD32 when email arrives on your computer.
    You can suspend the second mark by setup IMON and tell it to not append a tag to all emails

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You should use a different port than 110 for retrieving email from the local proxy.

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Eset, what about this solution?:
    NOD32 will check whether e-mail contains the tag?

5. Krond

Krond Guest

Do you have set the Option "append ever" (i´m not on my PC) in Emon on, too? Then you will earn two appends. You can set Emon to "on a Virusfound", then it is one append only.....

6. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.