Voice Phone Number

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bismith, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bismith

bismith Registered Member

Does anyone know a voice phone number at Acronis? How loud do you need to scream to get a response?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Sometimes it just takes a little while for a reply to get posted - I think 2 1/2 hours (the time passed since your first post) is a little short to assume there will be no response. Acronis Support answers all these threads.

3. bismith

bismith Registered Member

Granted, but I started the process direct via email yesterday with no other response than robots. My urgency is to try to save this unit before I lose the drive -- it's whining worse by the reboot.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bismith,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. BillS

BillS Guest

Pardon my jumping in on this thread (I'm an old Compuserve Forum member, thus 'thread'), but I've been having trouble getting any response to 2 emails I sent to info@acronis.com.

Capsule:

Can TI be used in Win95b? Info say 'all' windows, but then doesn't list 95.

Does the retail package (which I have purchased) have just two items -- a CD named 'Startup Guide' and a reg card?

PDF manual (which I downloaded) indicates more items should be there.

I don't want to open the jewel case, until I know (could return to MicroCenter easier, or get correct contents).

Thanks to these forums, I do have some good info, and it sure looks like TI is something I'd like to use.

Thanks.

Bill

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hi Bill - I really don't know what *should* be in the box these days.

I know that many users have complained about the lack of a hardcopy guide, so I guess you will either have to print out the PDF file(s) which I assume is on that 'Startup Guide' CD - or download a copy from www.acronis.com.

Even though the CD is named 'Startup Guide', it is possible that it contains both a PDF copy of the manual *and* True Image *and* that it also can act as a bootable Rescue CD. However .... since True Image is constantly being updated with new builds, the copy on the CD will be outdated and only of historic interest.

The really important thing you need is the True Image registration number. I assume it is printed on the registration card? Its a long combination of letters and digits broken into groups by dashes, e.g. ABD7G-45JUKQ-ADU77-DSQ75.

Break out the registration card, go to www.acronis.com, enter your e-mail address, select a password, and fill in the registration information for your purchase of True Image. This will give you access to a restricted download section, where you can download the latest & greatest version of True Image. Burn the compressed EXE to a CD, install it on your PC, and finally burn a bootable Rescue CD using the "True Image Media Builder".

Happy imaging!

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

1 2 3 4 5

8. BillS

BillS Guest

Well, MiniMax, armed with your very informative posts -- I bit the bullet and opened my CD package. You should be on Acronis' payroll <g>.

The Reg # was not on the Reg card, but was on the last page/cover of the little 12 page booklet (*that's what was named 'Startup Guide') -- .

I'll follow your suggestions to register it and get the latest version and how to use it.

Yeah, the Startup Guide mentions the PDF User Guide on the CD. The license agreement is in that booklet too. So -- I have 4 of the 5 'things' supposed to be in the package. Only the 'advertising materal' is missing -- Yea, on that one!

Thanks for the inputs. I sometimes think forums like this are the most valuable thing on the Inet. In addition to your your post, I've already got lots of info about running TI just scanning other threads. As I said, the Compuserve forums are also extremely helpful-- tho these just recently became fully 'internetized' (used to be user subscribed, direct dial in to CIS servers -- I did that for over 20 years).

Bill

9. Acronis Support

Hello Bill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 8.0 supports the following operating systems:

- Windows XP
    - Windows Me
    - Windows 2000 Professional
    - Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Service Pack 6
    - Windows 98

And it doesn't support Windows 95.

You are right, the boxed version of Acronis program contains installation CD and Startup Guide. Startup Guide is a concise description of Acronis program. To get full information about our program we recommend you to read User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

10. wretsub

wretsub Registered Member

Hello...

It has been over 3 days since I have heard from the support team.

My number is 236602. I did everything they asked, yet no reply.

On the recommendnation of the "Smart Computing" that review this product, I purchase True Image.

After reading the review, I noticed that they do not talk about support. One reason I left Norton was the lack of caring of customers.

I would like to backup to CD.... yet I have not been able to accomplish this task, and I noticed many others have had the same problem.

11. Acronis Support

Hello wretsub,

I am really sorry for the inconveniences and for the delayed response. I found your letter. Our Development Team is still working on your problem and will do our best in order to contact you with a possible workaround as soon as possible. We will highly appreciate if you wait for a few days more to let us complete the investigation. We are sorry for such a delay caused by our Developement Team being involved in the process.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.