K-Meleon question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, while i have been trying out new browsers i have been using K-Meleon, but there's something that i'd really like to change with it. when i click on a link with my mouse using the middle button the link opens, but it also takes you to that page too. i'd like it to work like Firefox, when you middle-click a link and the link opens, but you don't go to that link, but stay on the page you are on so you can go to that link later on. can you tell me how to change it please. i have had a look but i'm not too sure of the terms K-Meleon uses (layers etc) thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I don't use my middle mouse button for links. You can right click a link and choose how to open it i.e. in the background etc.
    K-Meleon has a ton of options. Skins are available too.
    It takes a while to learn all the options.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

yes, i noticed how much more there is to K-M; but from the sound of it i need to find i setting that will load the layer in the background

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Right click on a link and choose load in a background layer. Layers meaning the same as tabs.

5. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Have a look at Edit - Preferences - Configs - Accelerators. There should be instructions there on how to change the macros:

While you're playing around with the configurations, you might want to add the following to the User.js tab:

The first line fits large images to the window, clicking on them shows them at full size. The second line prevents this .

edit: If you're using the standard KM 0.9 with Javascript enabled, I think you'll be vulnerable to this:
    http://secunia.com/mozilla_products_arbitrary_memory_exposure_test/

If you have an up-to-date version of Firefox, try copying the js3250.dll file to overwrite the same dll in the KM folder, and run the test again. If that fails, it means you also need a new jsj3250.dll, which you can get from the latest custom versions of K-Meleon, advertised on the KM forum.

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks Meltdown, i'm going to bed now, but i'll have alook tomorrow. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.