Any way of saving ProcessGuard configuration?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bradmoss, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradmoss

bradmoss Registered Member

I mean If for any reason I need to uninstall and reinstall ProcessGuard again, is there a way of saving all the program security settings and so avoid going through the learning process again? Is there a file or registry branch where the configuration is saved?

TIA, BM.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

There are two files that you need to save pghash.dat & pguard.dat found in the \windows\system32\ folder.

You will also need to follow these instructions:

1) Disable protection in ProcessGuard. Then go to c:\windows\system32 and copy both pghash.dat and pguard.dat to another folder on your system. An example would be to copy them to c:\

2) Uninstall ProcessGuard

3) Re-Install ProcessGuard v3.150, but when it asks you to reboot click on "NO, I will reboot later"

4) Copy pguard.dat and pghash.dat from the folder you saved them to back into c:\windows\system32

5) Load up regedit and go to this registry folder :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.150\

6) Edit the Reboots value, set it to 3. If there is no Reboots value, create a new DWORD value and name it Reboots. Then set it to 3.

7) Edit the BeenRun value to 1. If there is no BeenRun value, create a new DWORD value and name it BeenRun. Then set it to 1.

8 ) Reboot your computer and you should have all your old settings and lists.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Hey good to know, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.