CounterSpy Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ellison64, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Re: NOD32 AntiSpyware

Blackspear...do you know if its possible to stop counterspys sunasdtserve.exe from registering itself to the run keys every time counterspy is opened?.I find it a little disconcerting that even with auto update options off and all other auto load options disabled , the programme still insists on loading that file.Indeed drweb which i have been trialing labelled it heuristically as a possible w32 trojan and i can see why.Im not 100% happy about the way counterspy lets any "good" entries have access (if its in its "good programe" database) without the option to stop it either, but thats another story.
    ellison

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Re: NOD32 AntiSpyware

Sorry, on this one I don't know, I've been using CS for about a six weeks, you might have to ask on one of their forums.

Cheers :D

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, ellison64

If you have DCS's Process Guard or something similar you should be able to stop it. [PG WILL stop it if you tell it to]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Prevx or RegDefend stop the attempt to add it to startup, and will allow you to 'always deny' This will allow the process to do it's thing, just without adding itself to startup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.