Why isn't TrueImage integrated into Disk Director Suite?! + Poll

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by iNsuRRecTioN, Apr 28, 2005.

?

Do you want a Disk Director Suite with integrated True Image?!

Poll closed Jun 27, 2005.
  1. Yes, would be cool and useful!

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, no need for that..

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi there,

is there a plan to integrate True Image into the Acronis Disk Director Suite??

Maybe into Version 10?

Why Acronis True Image isn't integrated into Acronis Disk Director Suite?
    Maybe Acronis make another Disk Director Suite Edition named "Acronis Disk Director Suite Plus" or "Acronis Disk Director Suite Pro" or so, that includes Acronis True Image :p

I think Disk Director Suite is very good and useful, but I miss an integrated Image function, so if True Image 8 or 9 additionally will be integrated into Acronis Disk Director Suite 10, would be very cool and perfect ;-)

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iNsuRRecTiON,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Utilities.

We will consider this option, however it is not clear why this feature is so important. The purpose of Acronis True Image is very different than that of Acronis Disk Director Suite. Could you please clarify why you find this option so useful?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. iNsuRRecTioN

Hi,

1. I want a all-in-one Disk Tool Solotion from Acronis.

And all good Disktools are included in Disk Director Suite already, but TrueImage missing..

2. If you create a boot CD with Disk Director Suite, you can boot all Tools from CD, but if you buy TrueImage and have TrueImage installed, you have to burn a extra CD for TrueImage, no cannot intregrate TrueImage BootCD into Disk Director Suite..

3. You save money, if you buy Disk Director Suite instead of all stand alone Products, which are included in this package, but I have to buy TrueImage extra, if I want a Imaging Software in the Disk Director Suite package.. :(

I want a suite like the Paragon Festplatten Manager 6.0 (german).

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

4. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I do NOT think this is a good idea. My main reason of concern is that if this product integrates with others, it becomes less focused and perhaps less stable. I don't want TI to be one component of a larger program. I am speaking from experience since I dumped Symantec LiveState imaging for this reason. They took the tool and integrated it with their antivirus, remote software, and patch deployment software, which diluted the tool and made it unstable. It became less functional and less focused. I vote to keep TI separate.

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, iNsuRRecTioN

I asked about this some time ago. [did not poll it though]

At one time there were more than 5 Acronis BootDisk if you and all their products, Disk Editor, Driver Cleanser, Migrate Easy, Partition Expert, TrueImage and OS Selector.

They Acronis have made that easy now with only 3. [TrueImage, Disk Director and Drive Cleanser.]

Not quite right Drive Cleanser missing also.

So if they Acronis could do as you suggest and also put Drive Cleanser in to this Acronis Super Tool Pack it would be the perfect Product Pack.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

I would like this as well. I don't see why it can't be integrated, but you probably hit the nail on the head here. If we save money on an integrated suite, then Acronis loses money. They don't want to lose money just so we can save money now do they?

7. iNsuRRecTioN

Hi,

no Drive Cleaner is a file based utility, but TrueImage and others are Partition based utilities for managing partitions on hdd and for imaging (backup) partitions, so Drive Cleaner isn't needed here..

And for all other that don't want or need TrueImage in Disk Director Suite, Acronis can create a Plus or Pro package, for instance, Disk Director Suite Pro or Disk Director Suite Plus, which includes TrueImage and cost 10 or 15 $ or € more as normal Disk Director Suite..

So customers/users who don't want this addon can still buy the "normal" Disk Director Suite and everyone is happy and Acronis can make more money, because more people buy such suites..

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

8. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I feel the need for DVD bootable media is a much greater necessity above all apps and updates!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.