need help with LnS

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by nicoman, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicoman

nicoman Registered Member

Hi everybody. I don't know English very well. I'm Polish. I have just installed LnS and I don't know what shall I do, how to configure it. I want it to pass all the leak test but when I did them the answers were "firewall was penetrated" :( Help me please. It is important to me that somebody gives me precise answer what to do because I really don't know. And I have problems with my English too so it is difficult to understand everything :/ Greetings from Gliwice.

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Nicoman,

It sounds like you have the StandardruleSet.rls loaded? If so?,Go to Internet Filtering Tab on LnS,and look for the LOAD button,click on it,a box will pop-up! look for the EnhancedRulesSet.rls highlight it and click on open, if save or apply is highlighted click on it,now reboot and try the test again you will be in full stealth on every security port tester on the Internet,as for leak tests that depends on your O/S and if you know what to block if you don't have Windows XP you will pass most or all leak tests with LnS,it still on top on passing leak tests compared to all other firewalls,the last time I checked.

You might Also want to check out the advanced options,on LnS TAB called OPTIONS,then click on Advanced Options box,and if you have XP you can use dill protection which does not work on earlier Window versions,98,ME

By default LnS should be there when you click on Load,if not? browse for the Soft4ever folder in c:/program files double click on it which will open the Look"n"Stop folder and then you can access you new rulesets and saved rie. files

Good Luck

3. nicoman

Thx a lot, but I still have problems with this :( I made LeakTest1.2 and the firewall was penetrated :( I have XP PRO SP2. And i don't understand what is "dill protection" :/ Can you tell it differetlly?

4. Kush

Kush Registered Member

LnS can seem a bit confusing at first,but you just have to take the time to read over the built in help menu within LnS is very helpful,for info on dill protection go to the Tab called -> Options,then go to Advanced Options as you did before,and when your in Advanced options there is a box called HELP,click on that and look for DLLs configuration,and you should get a better understanding of Dill Protection,also the LeakTest1.2 can be passed with ease if you know how this tests works ,by injecting a dill in every program in your start-up menu,and uses programs like your AV,AT,firewall,and Windows system files anything it can find!until it makes a connection,I think the current version of LnS won't stop this test,but if you know about firewalls this can be stopped if you know which system files it uses and block them manually with LnS.If you take a look at your log file it will show how it works and uses software running on your system to connect,and if that is blocked it will use Windows system files to connect,until it finds something it can leech on to and make it's connection to the internet.

But if you looking to stop this leak test on your O/S there was a new Beta driver released that can stop this leak test,so if you want more info please read this thread called Sticky: New Beta Driver addressing additional vulnerabilities/Leaktests. ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

It is the first post on this page right at the top,and it will tell all about the new driver which you can download,or wait for the next official release of LnS,if your not sure how to install this new Beta driver,sorry I not the one to ask if it works on XP PRO SP2 pack(I have Windows ME),but I am sure it is in the thread above if there are any problems with your O/S,good luck

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  5. nicoman

eh :( I also did PC SECURITY TEST 2005 and firewall works only in 10%. It's horrible. I excatly don't know what to do with this. The main problem for me is that I want to make my PC invisible in Internet (if it is possible :/ ). I have question: how to block for exempple one port (for exemple 167:cool:. Could you make a printscreen? Greetings.

6. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello nicoman,

What ruleset are you using?StandardruleSet.rls or EnhancedRulesSet.rls ? If your using the StandardruleSet you won't be stealth,change to EnhancedRulesSet.rls as I told you,and then tell me if your ports are opened?,did you enable application filtering?,and internet filtering? Just trying to see why you have an opened port(s),not sure if I undersand you correctly?,but I am trying,please try what I have told you do a on-line scan and tell me if you are stealth on all ports? GRC.COM is a fast one!,good luck

7. nicoman

Hi,
    I did as you said. I use EnhancedRulesSet.rls and it is still the same :/ I did the scan and it showed that almost all ports are closed but there are also some open like 22, 25, 53, 80, 110, 995 (ports from 0 to 1055). Shouldn't the scan told me that all ports are stealth? They also see my IP but it is different sometimes and in my PC (ipconfig) there is also different IP.

8. nicoman

Maybe it is an IP fault. In ipconfig (winipcfg) I can se only Internal IP. And all the scans show external IP (which is different in different scans). I'm also behind the NAT and behind the router.

9. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

That explains it! You are always testing your router instead of your PC. You must deactivate the firewall in your router first or you must directly connect your PC to the internet.

Thomas :)

10. nicoman

So it is also a problem. I am in LAN and I have na chance to deactivate the firewall in this router. I also have na chance to directly connect my PC to the Internet. So what should I do now? Because when I do Pcaudit2 leak test I tells me that my firewall isn't working :(

11. Lowryder

Lowryder Guest

The Author of Look"n"Stop his name is Frederic,and he would be the one to ask about this,it sounds tricky!So Frederic will see your post ,he does read them and will give you the solution to your problem,or you can post it at this link below if you are trying LnS out.

http://www.looknstop.com/En/support.htm for Technical support for unregistered user's

http://www.looknstop.com/En/support2.htm if you have a License

You might get you answer faster this way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.