Spyware Blaster and MS AntiSpyware

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by southpawphily, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southpawphily

southpawphily Registered Member

Microsoft AntiSpyware ran as ususal this morning and for the first time I received the following message:

So what's this all about?

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

False positive that lots of us are getting, nothing to worry about.

Acadia

3. southpawphily

southpawphily Registered Member

What is:

c:\program files\spywareblaster\unins000.exe

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

You evidently have SpywareBlaster installed on your system, great program by the way. MS Anti-Spyware is simply detecting the Uninstaller program for SpywareBlaster as a hijacker or some such thing, a false positive. Safe to ignore, Microsoft should eventually fix.

Acadia

5. bhpa

bhpa Guest

Not a hijacker but a keylogger which is somewhat more serious

6. Model-Behavior

Model-Behavior Registered Member

Yes, that is correct. My Microsoft Anti-Spyware has classified the same file as a Trojan Keylogger, which keeps track of all keystrokes which may be eventually transmitted to someone or to some server by e-mail, Etc.

It was only classified as an 'average' threat for me, but I quarantined the file anyway.

MB

7. kayjay1

kayjay1 Registered Member

Hi guys, MSA1.0.509 has also identified this 'keylogger' on my XP SP1 Home Edition system. Apparently, this file is actually needed, so if you delete 'unins000.exe' you will be unable to remove spywareblaster from your pc (but, don't take my word for it though). I have read several posts that take the same view - it is a necessary 'uninstallation' file - I have 'unquarantined' this file for now, just in case......

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.