Is PG free worth to add?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Eng, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eng

Eng Guest

I read tons of posts here on wilders about ProcessGuard and I understand the difference between paid and free version. I am considering to try the latest but at first I would like to know if this free version offers something more than bunch of below real-time protection tools?

NOD32
    SpywareBlaster
    SpywareGuard
    Winpatrol
    Prevx Home
    ZA free

Thanks for your hints and regards,
    Eng

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

PG Free will inform you, and request permission from you, if any unauthorized program is attempting to execute. For me this is the first line of defense. While I was running Prevx, I would always receive PG's alert first. Afterwards, I would get either a message from RegDefend (which I have a licensed copy) or Prevx (which I have subsequently removed from my system). So RegDefend and Prevx were sort of a second line of defense in case something got past PG. In practice, KAV 4.5 has always caught any malware before PG had to react. I imagine you have the same experiences with NOD32.

So I believe that PG Free is well worth installation. The licensed version, which I can also highly recommend, includes the ability to protect any application program as well as prevent the installation of global hooks (keyloggers), and rootkits. It was a no-brainer for me, and I have been delighted with its performance over the last year or so.

Hope this helps,

Rich

3. Just a little side note....I haven't seen mentioned....If you download PG
    free you should get a "coupon" for 15% off.

4. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Really? Where is this coupon?

5. Under C:
    Program files.....Process Guard...Click on Url

6. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Hmm, none of the URLs in that folder seem to be for a discount.

7. May of been a promo......OOPs come to think of it....It came with diamonds
    reg protect....also a free program.

8. Eng

Eng Guest

Hi Rich,

thanks for your comments ... as concerns NOD32 => simply best AV I have ever had with exceptional anti-malware protection. I am eager to have upgraded to v2.5 that should also fight spyware ... I hope that the present beta testing won't be lasting too long.

As regards the PG, OK I understood how it can supplement my current arsenal but what about possible clashes with already installed softs, especially with NOD32 and SpywareGuard or with others?

Thanks,
    Eng

9. Eng

I've run NOD32 and PG, and quite a few different apps while experimenting
    and I've had no conflicts....everything should run smooth as silk.

10. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I have experiment with NOD32, Ewido, ProcessGuard, RegDefend, and SpywareGuard running at the same time. I did not experience any conflicts on my machine. But every machine is different, so you really will not know until you try it. The chances are very high that you will not experience any conflicts, since your configuration is a relatively common one.

Rich

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No clashes with my current setup.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

12. Eng

Eng Guest

Hi all posters here and thanks for your comments that eventually persuaded me to install PG free ... so far so good => it's in a learning mode so I am nursing it yet.

Again this forum has proved worthwhile be here. If I encounter any problem with PG free I know to where I shall go.

Regards and have a nice weekend,
    Eng

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.