NOD32 trial problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I was using Nav2004 on a Win2k SP4 system with P///-550 w 512 MB ram without any problems. I then uninstalled NAV2004 along with the WMI update, rebooted and then installed NOD32. Well that was a mistake. The spalsh screen for NOD32 usually doesnt disappear. Also what is worse is that it has caused my email program Eudora to become useless. It either doesnt start up at all, task manger shows that it is running but it doesnt open up but instead uses 80-98% of the CPU. If Eudora does start it is useless in that it doesnt respond or the screen is only partially displayed. I use this computer for business and can not do without email for very long.

:(

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Enduser999, welcome to Wilders.

Can you please try running the removal software for Norton found here.

Next run a registry cleaner such as Regseeker (it has been in Beta since Adam was a boy, so don't woory about that. And delete everything it finds).

Next can you reinstall Nod32 and run REPAIR as per screenshot. It will ask to reboot your machine.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Errrr, Blackspear, hate to spoil the fun...
    But I recently ruined my box by letting Regseeker delete everything on a tired moment :D
    So, my point, lets be carefull with these programs...
    (On th other hand, after the damage Norton has done, I'm not sure that Regseeker can do a lot more :cool: )

4. enduser999

That removal tool is for NAV 2003 and I have uninstalled NAV2004. I was able to find the correct tool but it is not usable since I still have WinFax install and use it.

Well I ran the registry cleaner and rebooted only to find that its cleaning broke one of my applications. So I restored its backup of its changes.

I did a bit of searching on the forums here and came across a posting regarding excluding the Eudora.ini from the NOD's file scanning. Once I did that the problem went away.

I would like to make a suggestion regarding NOD's web site. The only mention of contacting support is for registered users of the paid version of NOD. I could not find any reference how trial users should seek help nor to these forums anywhere on the support page. If the reference is there it may be needed to be more promient so that people with the trial version who are having problems dont leave in frustration and go elsewhere for the AntiVirus solution.

5. Blackspear

Not at all, I believe we should be told the good the bad and the ugly about all software…

Having installed it on dozens of machines I have never seen this, and also every time I have seen it discussed here at Wilders across several threads it hasn’t been seen to do this, or even come close to doing so. I wonder why you had the issues.

LOL, oh well hopefully your experiences with Nod32 will be a great deal better.

Some things are a right royal pain to remove.

Have you thought about a fresh install of Windows on that machine?

Good to see you found the solution.

Agreed, it is being discussed here.

6. enduser999

Yes I have but it still would not solve the problem with the registry cleaner removing the entry for the program in question since that entry would still be there if the app is installed.

7. Blackspear

Ahhh so it is one program that it has an issue with, can you say what that program is?

8. enduser999

Well one program that I know of since it was complaining horribly when the machine booted up. Its an PDF creator called "5D to PDF" it is old and I could probable get another program to take its place. Just didn't want to have to solve another problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.