Dealings and etc ...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by SirBandit, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirBandit

SirBandit Registered Member

Hi,

TDS-3 picked up 2 files that might have been dangerous. I sent them to Diamond as I mentioned in another post. (See below) Anyway, they were both false positives. (Watchdll.dll - System mechanic - 4.0k / Webproxy - Panda Platinum. 9+)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=73329

I have temporarily uninstalled Panda and I'm testing Bitdefender.

I was on another forum and noticed some folks talking about Virus Scanners They mentioned Bitdefender 8 Plus as being one of the very best. Some of them had be using it since the first versions. They also mentioned that the people behind Bitdefender, were the same folks who did the early versions of AVG? It works well with DiamondCS programs.

Is anyone here using Bitdender and if so, can you give me your thoungts on it?

Seems to me, it might be a bad idea to add files in the CRCFILES.TXT that get updated quite frequently? Thoughts on this please and Thanks!

Seeing that both the files I sent for inspection were both false positives, it would make sense to add those files / directories as exclusions in TDS-3. Correct?

SirB...

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, congratulations with your clean files! :cool:

Scanners are always a personal choice, what you like, ease of use, what they detect and protect, price, compitability with your other programs, resources, etc etc etc
    Look in the forums here at Wilders and other places for serious discussions and comments and try some on your own system.
    TDS is compatible with about every software.

I would not exclude any files on my system, just knowing some alerts are there and knowing i can ignore them as long they did not change. But how do you know if you do not check them in any way with some tool or manually?
    Of course you can add them to the CRC check to see when they were changed. I would do with any file if added to the exclusion list so i have at least a check there is not tampered with them etc. Do these two files change that frequently you would get alerts every day?

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Please everybody this is TDS support forum and this thread started with a support query a false positive by TDS and has drifted

please keep it on topic and discuss the merits of other antiviruses in the appropriate forum, (other antoiviruses so I have moved all the off topic posts there

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=76391

Thanks for your understanding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.