SpywareBlaster 3.3 error 75 in limited users

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ex_Brit, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 3.3 update error in limited users

I subscribe to auto-updates and SB works fine in my Admin account but when my limited users sign on a pop-up appears "Error downloading file - can't write file to disk - error 75: Path/File access error". It keeps appearing at intervals with a loud "bong" which drives them batty, naturally.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SB, no joy. This means I have to disable a service I paid for - autoupdate. There has to be a fix! I can't use manual update either in limited users.
    When I first got this error I couldn't figure out which process was causing this until the slide-in appeared that usually says SB has updated latest info but in limited users accounts says it can't establish a connection (or words to that effect.) Their connection is fine. I have high-speed always on cable FYI.
    Would the answer be to remove it from the other users' Start menu?
    The solution for another type of error described here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=71396 seemed to have solved it, but it shouldn't have to be "worked around" in that way.
    Any ideas anyone? o_O

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the information - we're working on a duplicating this issue and including a fix (assuming we can indeed reproduce it here) in the next version of SpywareBlaster.

In regard to a proper work-around now, what version of Windows do you have? Windows XP Home or Pro? Windows 2000?

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

Thanks for the info. It's in my sig - XP Home SP2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  4. Cathena711

Cathena711 Guest

Ok, I know this is an old thread, and now it is SpywareBlaster 3.4, but I am still getting 'Error 75', and working on a (networked) company computer, so I can't go in under an administrator account on the computer and use the fixes as mentioned in previous threads. Any new ideas/suggestions for me? (I am trying to get manual updates for the program on windows xp professional, with service pack2). Any help would be appreciated (and if I should be posting somewhere else, please let me know!!) FYI-I searched the forums and this was the most recent post RE: error 75.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.