How to make your own Multiboot CD!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

People,

there is a way to creat your own multiboot cd of Acronis Products. I will only tell it if there are enough people interested in it!

I've made a very good Boot cd for myself but I cannot post it here because of the license rights!!

Just let me know!@!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  2. airjrdn

airjrdn Registered Member

What would that matter?

3. jeremyotten

- download easyboot at http://www.ezbsystems.com/easyboot/
    - download ultraiso at
    http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/index.html

now make a bootable image with the acronis product you have.
    open ultraiso and extract the bootfile. This should become a .bif file.
    Now with easy cd make your menu and place the .bif file is easyboot dir where it should be placed!
    now add this command to make it run: 'bootinfotable;run trimg.bif' WITHOUT THE QUOTES!

any questions I will answer If the above info insn't enough.

The only thing that wont work is the activate recovery manager option on the True image bootcd. You have to do this from an origional bootcd

4. jeremyotten

QUOTE!!

Hello Jeremy,

I am afraid, we cannot test this CD because multiboot CD is not supported officially and Acronis haven't planned its implementation. You may use this CD on your own risk (it would be right if you post this warning in the corresponding thread).

Since Acronis cannot give any guarantees concerning this disk functionality we cannot make the thread sticky. However, I suppose that it will be on the top for a very long time because many people asked for this kind of solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. jeremyotten

PLEASE ADD YOUR TRIALS AND INFO OR QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Thanx in Advance
    Jeremy Otten

TRUE IMAGE USER FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!!!!

6. John Steven

John Steven Registered Member

Hi Jeremy,

I've created multi-boot dvd's but have always had problems with the Acronis products until I read this post. I've always wanted to try out EZB systems but was curious how well it worked. Another thing that puzzles me is the fact that .tib files must be 635mb in order for them to work. Why is that? Does EZB also limit the size of the .tib's?

7. jeremyotten

.TIB files are your True Image Binary files (Or image files)

When you make a bootable cd this is only for The products. SO you make a multi product bootcd with multiple versions of the product if you want. These are hidden.

You can also do this with a DVD with a max of ca 4,2 GB per image part.

Does this answer your question?

8. jeremyotten

no limit and the 635 limit in his case was just because you would be able to put them on cd if you wanted to!!! but if you dont want it just make 4 GB files!

ENJOY!@!

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jeremy,

Wdormann picked 635MB (actually 650,240 KB ) not necessarily for CD compatabilty but optimum space utilization (up to 7 .tib files plus TI bootable rescue media on 1 DVD).

I can't speak for Roxio software but certainly with Nero you can't burn a DVD-ROM (Boot) compilation with files greater that the ISO 9660 2000MB limit.

Regards

10. jeremyotten

Did somebody already make his own multiboot with success?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. congratulations, I might just give it a go. However we are still talking apples and pears if you're compairing it to <this post>.

By the way, I don't think Acronis (or Wilders Security) will be too please that you've broadcasted what seems like a valid serial number for OS Selector to the world wide web!!

Regards

12. jeremyotten

ahum woops was my mistake ;-) gone now!

13. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

What is a multiboot cd?

I used the Linux program K3b which came with the Mandrake distribution to make a "clone" of the install cd that came in the True Image box. It works just like the original, afaik.

If I were to download the latest Build, is there any way I could burn this onto a cd so it would act just like the install cd?

14. Jotnar

Jotnar Guest

If you want to do a basic multiboot CD, you can also use vanilla ISOLinux w/ the kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat files (found in either mediabuilder.exe or in the program's directory). All the config information you need is in the f11.cfg (I think thats the name) file. Works like a charm.

15. jeremyotten

Could be but is isnt as easy as EASYBOOT ;-)

16. jeremyotten

Ofcource! every new build you download is A FULL VERSION! and make A FULL VERSION Resque cd with updated hardware drivers everytime! Just look at the screenshot at the top of the page!

;-) With this multiboot cd I dont have to make CDRW's with all the different products and builds! I make just 1!!! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.