Privacy expert suite 8 - Reg key problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by disabled, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disabled

disabled Registered Member

Re: Privacy expert suite 8

Hi There Everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and already have problems with Acronis Privacy Expert suite 8. I have Acronis Utilities2004, I purchased the upgrade Privacy Expert suite8 but when I enter the Reg key in the last window last digit it freezes up on me then I have to boot in order to get out of it. Can someone give me Advice?

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Did you upgrade Power Utilities to the latest build (504) before attempting to upgrade? I don't know if that will make a difference but it's worth a try. Also make sure you are using the 'new' key and not the old one you had with Power Utilities. Finally, is that a valid upgrade path? Perhaps you need to upgrade to Power Utilities 2005? You may not be able to upgrade individual components of Power Utilities. Just things for you to think about and hopefully it will help. Good luck.

3. disabled

I have tried every possible thing I even cleaned out my computer and put fresh WIndows in, The upgrade notes do allow upgrades for individual programmes IE Power Utilities 2003, before I purchased it I made it clear that I had Power Utilities 2004, ( I should have been advised before purchase took place) otherwise everythings up to date.Build 541
    If this doesn't work then I'm sitting with something that at the moment has no use for me

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Do you have Anti Virus software installed on your PC? If you do then you should try disabling it and then retry the installation. Failing that I would advise you to contact Acronis support for assistance.

5. disabled

Thanks,
    As I have stated I refreshed Windows (clean system ) this did not help me I have contacted support and see what Happens Thanks once again

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello disabled,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Since you have already contacted Acronis Support Team we will certainly help you with the solution. If you do not get any reply within 48 hours please send me a PM with your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. disabled

Hi there,
    Thanks to all, I have recieved a response from support centre.
    If anyone has the same problem in the future:
    Step 1: Regiter the programme with the key supplied to you.
    Download the programme again.
    It is fully operational now, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.