need help. PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by avaterera, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avaterera

avaterera Guest

First of all I would like to apologies for my English

I have bought you software legally about half a year ago and I’m very satisfied .
    But I also play a lot in game called America’s army: operations and I have got a problem.
    AAO is protect against hackers by PunkBuster (evenbalance company) And last time after PB updated I was kicked for “blocked O/S Privileges” I discovered it is because ProcessGuard is running. Even when I deleted all programs from protected tab I’ve got the same kick. I was able to play just when I uninstalled PG. Is it legal this what PB is doing with shareware licensed program? I know that for many people only way to go was to uninstall ProcessGuard.
    Please help me.. I want to use PG still. What to do?

Thu 24 - 02:46:02 [READ] c:\games\america's army\system\armyops.exe [1000] was blocked from reading c:\program files\processguard\pgaccount.exe [1436]
    Thu 24 - 02:46:02 [READ] c:\games\america's army\system\armyops.exe [1000] was blocked from reading c:\program files\processguard\pgaccount.exe [1436]
    Thu 24 - 02:46:07 [READ] c:\games\america's army\system\armyops.exe [1000] was blocked from reading c:\program files\processguard\procguard.exe [1608]

I’m scared because if BP can scan my process it also can look like that:
    Thu 24 - 02:53:02 [MODIFY] c:\games\america's army\system\armyops.exe [732] was blocked from modifying C:\some running process [220]

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

there is absolutly no need to uninstall ProcessGuard.

Just add ArmyOps.exe into your protection list, protect it against what you want, and allow it to READ, Install global hook, and Access physical memory.

It should run fine now ;)

Regards,
    gkweb.

3. avaterara

avaterara Guest

I tried this, but I told you, that even if I don’t have any programs in the protection tab PB kicks me. PB kicks me even if protection is OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. avaterera

avaterera Guest

from another forum

PB is somehow still checking memory if (yes here comes the beauty) PROCESSGUARD is installed. If yes, KICK if Disabled KICK if all priveleges given KICK so PunkBuster FORCES you to shutdown PG. Can they do that? It's like they want to SHUTDOWN my firewall they cant do that! I hope The server crash will become public PB makes me really mad! And if i get it ALL server gonna blow! >:\

5. avaterera

avaterera Guest

Here's a chunk of my a PG log where I blocked AA from the world just to see what it was scanning.

It started scanning all of my processes, doing "modifies" on all of them. Then it came to processguard files and stalled (because they had "no read" rules, of course):

Thu 24 - 02:46:07 [READ] c:\games\america's army\system\armyops.exe [1000] was blocked from reading c:\program files\processguard\procguard.exe [1608]

It goes on like that for a while. The funny thing is that there's about 100 entries before and after that that look like this:

Thu 24 - 02:53:02 [MODIFY] c:\games\america's army\system\armyops.exe [732] was blocked from modifying C:\some running process [220]

This isn't any new news, it's just creepy to see punkbuster systematically scan all my active processes and doing checksums. What a piece of crap.

6. avaterera

avaterera Guest

KICK NOTIFICATION: ****** has been kicked for an undefined reason: YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED VIA PUNKBUSTER (FOR 0 MINUTES) ... RESTRICTION: BLOCKED O/S PRIVILEGES

7. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Hi

I still play a lot of quake 3 & have processguard installed & have never had any probs with PB.Make sure u have granted the game the internet access it needs in Ur firewall & follow gkweb's advice on the settings Ur game should have in the protection list.

U can also try PBWEB.exe from the evenbalance.com, it a offline PB updater.

8. avaterera

avaterera Guest

I have trayed everything you sad. Everything started when PB released his new update (yesterday)

9. avaterera

avaterera Guest

This kick massage is showing only when PG is installed, even if it don’t protect anything… when I uninstalled PG everything is back to normal.

10. avaterera

avaterera Guest

but i still want to use PG...

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi avaterera, Some games prgrams makers do not like ProcessGuard because it has been used to trick the game. However, if other users here are not experiencing this problem with your particuler game then maybe youd could state what OS you are running and what version etc of the game.

Than you. Pilli

12. avaterera

avaterera Guest

I didn't know that PG has been used to trick the game. I'm running on XP Pro with sp2 and AAO version is 2.3. Even if PB don’t like PG he can't force me to uninstall PG - this is illegal I think. ProcessGuard cost a lot of money, and i still want to us it, but I'm in America's Army clan and I want to play too

13. avaterera

avaterera Guest

help me! I need both programs

14. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

We are trying, may have to wait for another PG -America's Army player to respond on this.

You could put ProcessGuard in learning mode whilst installing and running your program so that ProcessGuard can add the correct files and allows.

If that does not work disable each of the four general tabs one at a time until the game starts working then report here on your settings so that we can maybe help a bit more.

Pilli

15. avaterera

avaterera Guest

I trayed everything…you can believe me. I spend eight hours trying to resolve this problem without results. My conclusion after eight hours of trying: America’s army wont work until PG is installed.

You can try yourself. You can download AAO here: http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/

This isn’t only my problem. Number of AA players is still increasing, and I thing that because of PB DiamondCS will lose a LOT of money.

16. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi avaterera, Have you tried contacting the game makers about your proble?

Pilli

17. avaterera

avaterera Guest

not yet, but i will

18. avaterera

avaterera Guest

they told me to contact evenbalane (PB). I'll contact PB

19. avaterera

avaterera Guest

I just read, that someone asked PB about that, and they told him, that PG was using to trick PB (and PG is on white list), and if he still want to play AAO he must uninstall PG. What about that?

20. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Probably because they cannot be bothered to update and secure their code. Games makers would rather you were insecure than dig into their profits. It's a crazy world Avaterere .

Pilli

21. gkweb

see below

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  22. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

actually You mistmatching 2 different error messages :

Insufficient O/S Privileges are linked to certain administrator privileges ...
    Blocked O/S Privileges are linked to usage of PG and similar programs ...

23. gkweb

I didn't play yesteday, so I just joined a server, PB was updating, and after I indeed got this message for the first time.

This shows that it is an issue with their last update (and not that PB has never worked with PG).

I will post in their official forum and will keep you informed.

Regards,
    gkweb.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  24. avaterera

avaterera Guest

Ok. Thx

25. avaterera

avaterera Guest

can I have link to that forum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.