USB drive problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by w5mhl, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w5mhl

w5mhl Registered Member

When attempting to restore from a Maxtor USB drive after booting from the recovery disk, I get Error 71 and cannot access. No response from customer support.

2. herojig

herojig Registered Member

I am not a qualifed person to comment, just a frustrated user that has/is/always will? suffer with USB problems and ATI. I hope u are in test mode and do not need to access that image. I find that only certain usb devices work with ATI recovery manager, and have sent logs to ATI several times with no luck, just a request for more logs, if any response at all. I can't deal with that. i am a paid customer and things were not working during the evaulation about 6 months ago so I guess I should not complain - to much - I'd buy another product but what would i buy? i've had 3 or 4 products already and they all have bugs - ghost, Bump, PowerQuest stuff. what to do?It's a sad state of affairs in the consumer backup market. See my other post today with a serious problem with 796... good luck!
    jigs

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello w5mhl and herojig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please make sure you have Acronis Bootable CD created with the latest build of Acronis True Image (currently it is 796 build). Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions). If you do not get any reply from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please send me a PM with your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply and I will try to find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. herojig

herojig Registered Member

dear Ilya, please translate. is there a command line interface somewhere? thanks...this sounds promising in some strange way.
    jigs

o_O

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, herojig

Sorry I am not Ilya, but if you care to have a read of this thread it should be of help to you herojig:- PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. Acronis Support

7. Acronis Support

Hello TheQuest,

Thank you for your help. It is really appreciated.

--
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.