rejzors ntfs streams remover

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by clansman77, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

hi can somebody post a link to rejzors ntfs streams remover??i read its the best in doing its job.i searched rejzors webpage(excessive-software.tk) and cant find it there.cant find it elseware too.i need to remove the ads strreams created by kaspersky av.i have already downloaded ads spy and removal tool from kaspersky labs but wanna try this first.thanks in advance.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

3. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I trialed KAV several months ago, just before I went with F-Secure.

I thought that I should run your tool. When I did I recieved a warning not to run it on a Fat32 disc.

I know that when I format my c drive has 2 partitions. One is a Fat32, that is around 32MB. I have never understood why it is there, but I never touch it. The other partion that I delete and format is 38GB, and I am only given a choice of quick or recommended NTFS.

So my question is. If I have a FAT32 pation on my hard drive, then the cleaner will not know the difference and clean the whole disc??

Personally, I have never had a problem after I removed KAV(4months ago), its just that most people make it sound like a big deal that I should get rid of the ADS.

Thanks

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

NTFS ADS CANNOT be created on non-NTFS partitions (ie FAT16/32). So there is no need to run this tool.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

By the way, Rrejzor, I believe I owe you a word of thanks. I believe that it was your ADS remover tool that I used to clean my system up after a KAV installation and removal, after the KAV tool failed me.

I'm pretty certain that it was yours. Is yours the one that BigC has recommended, if so, Thank you very much!!

Acadia

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hehe no problem :)
    But i got words that it doesn't clean all NTFS ADS created by Kaspersky.
    I'm not exactly sure because there is no method known to me that would be able to check this. And default KAV Streams removal tool seemd useless to me (no global switches,and damn i didn't even knew how to operate that thing->strange because it was just a console tool).

7. mikel108

The partition that has my XP OS on, as well as what KAV was on was a NTFS format. However on the same hard disc is a FAT32 partition. Would the partition that had Kav on it(NTFS) have ADS tags??

Which is why I asked if I run an ADS remover will it just check and clean the whole disc or can you tell the program to just clean the NTFS partition.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

There is no detection mechanism in my cleaner so you have to manually select correct NTFS partition.

9. mikel108

Thanks RejZor.

Your always so helpful and informative.

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Oh i forgot to answer one thing to you.
    Kaspersky puts NTFS ADS even if it's installed on FAT32 (but only on NTFS partitions if you have any).

Kaspersky is installed on FAT32 partition,but if it checks files on NTFS partition that you use,then it's most likely that Kav will place NTFS ADS on that partition.

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yes, but evidently it cleaned the one file that I needed to be cleaned and a file that the KAV tool would not clean, the $ISR.BIN file. This file sits "above" all the FirstDefense-ISR snapshots and controls everything including the booting, or something like that. I was actually contemplating reformating and starting over again, something that I have NEVER done. Thank you.

Oh, by the way, besides BigC, your tool was also recommend to me by Raxco's tech support.

Acadia

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm interesting. If Raxco recommends it i'll add it asap (now! ;) ) :)

13. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

On mine it leftover three (the same were also leftover by ADS spy btw), but hey i can live with that ;) :) . I couldn't operate the damn thing ( KAV Streams removal) either, but in this post there is one who seems to know how to. :)

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

RejZor, would you like me to forward you the email from Raxco in which they mention your program? If so, just PM me your email address.

(I tried to PM this message to you but received a reply that your PM mail box is too full :D )

Acadia

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hehe hot the over-quota notification. Mailbox is cleaned now ;)
    Btw i have also updated the eXcessive Software page,so now you can get NTFS Streams Eraser there (again) :) If you still see old content just double-click refresh or clear browser cache.

16. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you run NTFS Streams Eraser in safe mode it will get all of the ads streams. If you run it in regular mode it will not remove the streams on system files.

bigc

17. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Duh, of course bigc. Sometimes it's difficult for me to see the forest because of all the tree's. ;) :D

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  18. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

thanks a lot rejzor and namor for the links and all others for the replies .that helped me a lot.this forum rocks.you post any question and you get the reply immediately .there are so many people willing to help each other.i hope those links will be useful for all others who will be needing the ntfs streams eraser.rejzor i think it will be good to put the file back in your web page coz so many people will benefit from that.btw i also like your powerdefragmentor. :D thanks once again all you guys. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.