AVG is MUCH better than Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by adiel, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I also like Norton’s extremely small footprint, less than 1mb. But absolutely my number one reason for loving NAV is their incredible and immaculate tech support.

Acadia

2. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Where can I get a copy of that...... PoopScan ?

LOL !! TOO MUCH !! :D :D

regards,
    bill :D

3. Melwyn

Melwyn Registered Member

What is poopscan o_O :)

4. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

PoopScan is a fictitious name for an AV scanner I suppose.
    It was used in this thread as a means of 'humor" I suppose !! :)

hope this helps,
    bill ;)

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

ROFLMFAO

Well said :D

6. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

oh my goodness, i had poopscan on my system until i found Nod32!!! :D :D

7. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> oh my goodness, i had poopscan on my system until i found Nod32!!! :D :D

I had PoopScan on my system and it detected NOD32 as a virus! :)

8. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Actually, Poopscan worked so well on my system that it found and deleted ITSELF. Now I guess I'll have to search for yet another defecatory scanning engine. Maybe I'll load EX-Lax-O-Con.

Constipatedly,
    Jimski :D

9. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> Actually, Poopscan worked so well on my system that it found and deleted ITSELF.

That was down to a bug in PoopScan's heuristic engine. The new version fixes that ... it deletes everything on your hard drive except itself.

> Now I guess I'll have to search for yet another defecatory scanning engine. Maybe I'll load EX-Lax-O-Con.

I've heard rumors that SennaScan is pretty good.

10. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I feel that maybe this thread has run its course, just my opinion but its not portaying Wilders in the best light, just my 2 penneth :)

11. J-Pop

J-Pop Registered Member

Though I have used NOD32 for a while now (I really do like it), I was not aware of this forum till very recently. Actually I recognize some of the names of contributors to the TH forum (Mischel Internet Security), which is where I learned about this forum.

So, anticipating the depth of technical savvy and the breadth of computer-security knowledge that would--certainly--be here..I joined this forum.

This is the very first thread I have read (and have read it in its entirety), no joke! Actually, at first, when I saw the topic of this thread, I thought the poster was purposely making some kind of a joke (maybe some kind of an inside joke?). Now, after reading the posts here, I am CERTAIN of one thing: this must be the "comic" thread!! :D Ok, OK,...I get it now! I am a little slow sometimes, I admit it.

How hilarious! Even if I didn't learn much, after reading every post in this thread, I do have a stomach ache from laughing so hard!! Genuinely entertaining. Some of you guys are borderline wicked. Some of the ripostes were borderline outstanding, and funny, and sarcastic.

A nice introduction to the forum. Too, I will check out the related links that were posted. Thanks one and all.

Also, I guess--maybe--I do now, sort of, understand the meaning of "troll." First time to hear that term, in this type of context, I think.

Now, on to a few other threads.
    Later,

12. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Hi J-Pop
    Yes it was quite funny reading. :D
    I think Adiel was quiet serious about AVG being better than NOD, and such a statement i cannot take seriously.
    Im no securityexpert nor a tester myself, but Nods virusbt. record speaks for itself.

I too would like to know the meaning of the word troll.
    Being from Denmark i dont know all the english slang words. o_O

The word Norton Shills occur from one time to another.
    A shill, is that a kind of fanatic or what, or one that wont listen to others opinions.o_O
    Regards
    Ole :D

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm

Take care, Acadia.

14. Madsen DK

Hi Acadia.
    Thanks.
    One gets wiser everyday :D
    Regards
    Ole

BTW: Is a Shill a fanatic or what, or just a very strong supporter?

15. root

root Registered Member

An old fishing term.
    Troll is to trail your fishing line behind the boat that is being slowly propelled forward by a small motor, typically called a trolling motor. So basically you are dangling your fishbait in front of the fishes but you keep moving it away from them so they have to pursue it. This usually makes them a little more aggressive, so when they snatch the bait, they usually get hooked very good.
    So, do you see how that activity resembles the behaviour of certain posters from time to time? :D
    In reality, some Trolls on some boards have ruined them. They constantly throw out pieces of misinformation in an attempt to get people overly aggressive.
    Just like fishies, it is better to ignore the bait. ;)

Shill:
    One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

16. Madsen DK

Hi Root.
    Thx for your answer.
    Regards Ole

17. J-Pop

J-Pop Registered Member

Hi root and Acadia.

THANK YOU, sincerely. The posts concerning the meaning of "Troll," are genuinely appreciated. Trolling, in connection with fishing--I get it now. I was sort of thinking about trolls in a folklore context, along with leprachauns, munchkins, et cetera. Wow, I especially am impressed with the preciseness, depth of description, and detail provided by the link in Acadia's post. I am adding it to my favorites, so I can visit it and read it again. Truly interesting, and somewhat strange--I think.

Also, I do appreciate your comments--Madsen DK. The very informative posts by root and Acadia were basically because of your question regarding the meaning of the term (troll). Sometimes, it is easy to forget that not all posters are native English speakers. Though, I must admit, your English abilities are far superior to my Danish language skills!! :D Yet, even I was not really sure of the intended meaning, having only previously seeing it used in a literary-type context (novels, poetry, short stories).

Though it may not--at first glance--seem like a subject of discussion appropriate to a forum like this, it is very important I think to know there are patterns of "trolling." Too, I was genuinely shocked to learn about (somewhat) organized groups of trolls...and more! That link is great--thanks again Acadia.

Till next time,

18. J-Pop

J-Pop Registered Member

"shill" another new term. Hm...interesting!!

19. Madsen DK

Yes.
    We`ll learn something every day.
    Regards Ole

20. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

This thread has outlived itself; "all" has been said in the meanwhile.

Therefore: thread closed ;). Those who feel the need to discuss antivirus comparisons, feel free to join/open a (new) thread on the appropriate forum ;).

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.