Goodbye antistuff/firewalls/hackers??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by *Ari*, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hello

I found this product at school... noone actually seems knowing anything about it. Reborn card, here is "Lenten" card. There are a few kinda same cards on markets. It is a wonder card if it works that way it promises....no need antivirus, antitrojans....firewall...and if disaster happens, your hard drives are to be formatted or some important file is missing, it just bring back everything like a wizard. :p and this card for only less than 40 e ?
    AMAZING

^Ari^

AH forgot the LINK:
    http://www.lenten.com.tw/news.asp

Attached Files:

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

The site (link need altering to ../News.asp) really doesn't say much, if anything, about it. It does, however, have the same writing style as you. Any connection? :)

3. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Checkout, pardon me ?
    I just wanted to hear your opinion for this pc card, no less no more. And if you are able to click those links on the site you will find more info, just didn´t want to add here them all ;)

^Ari^

4. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Ok, I really have no idea what is this but as far as I know it doesn´t protect real time. It saves all changes made by user/net/malware/crackers/etc. and brings everything back like they were before changes after reboot, from it was installed at first time. Sure I have many questions...I will hear more about this on next friday, at school; a sales representative will introduce it all. ( does it bring back unnecessary registry paths etc )

^Ari^

5. Checkout

Krusty, there's no substiture for making full volume dumps to CD or tape. Checkpoiting under W2k in WinXP takes care of registry goofs. Periodic formats/reinstalls ensure the death of trojans and other malware. A bit of circuitry on a stick disguises these necessary processes, IMO.

6. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Checkout

That´s right. Using this card no need to reinstall all of stuff you have installed painfully.....it takes so much time. This card reinstall all old files/registry just like they were before a virus/trojan/cracker/terrorist did his filthy job. Simple. You do "format c" ok and reboot, that´s it, everything is back in correct order...Well atleast it promises so !! My course pal told me he tried it once; he did format c hoping it doesn´t work but how come it worked....
    I still don´t know more no less than I read about this great product; I wish it is true too...

^Ari^

7. Checkout

Krusty, this card would have to be an 80 gigabyte memory stick to work, and for 40 Euro that's just not likely! :cool:

(Hey, Admin! This board doesn't like the Euro symbol!)

8. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

It doesn't like most characters, especially characters that get out of control (as opposed to getting out of cointreau which it totally cool with me ;) )

PS I always meant to ask you if you took you name from the revision control glossary. well...did ya?

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

[move][shadow=limegreen,left,500][glow=yellow,500,500][/glow][/shadow][/move]

use alt+0128 to create the Euro.
    Very stable coin these days, btw.

10. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Alright, I did hear all of it. Sure I have to be convinced it works properly. The card has it´s own OS built inside.=> it has to have it´s own small hard drive as far I know. It takes 500 mb space to restore ALL changes made by user/internet/applications/viruses/trojans/worms/hackers/crackers. Think like it doesn´t allow anything to make those changes where they meant to be done but are done somewhere else, and when you reboot computer, all changes are gone. It uses virtual memory caching for it.

Ok this card doesn´t protect against hackers, if they like to steal/spy your data. It protects against any changes only. But it allows you to change it´s own settings, at startup, behind very secure password. And it allows you to save data on another partition like D:\.

For example there are multiple users at your personal computer; every user must know all works must be saved on "D".
    Another for example; your son found another cool game to install, then you choose installing the game on partition "C" just for trying the new game...... or permanently on "D". Or you go disabling the card at startup and install the game, save the settings onto card.

As well you could try how viruses/trojans act on your puter.

All of this for 40 bucks, with network option 70 bucks :p

be secure ~^ Ari^~

[ I am not gonna buy this card, I need to learn how to fix errors/ solve problems ]

11. Checkout

No. Fact is, I don't know where it came from. Either it was inspired by an attractive woman talking my money at a supermarket, or it's a contraction of "check out", or it's something which landed under the cover of darkness from Outer Space, or...it could be the subject of a Wilder's Competition.

Me, I blame the rhinos.

12. Checkout

Stable yes, but horrible! I was in Ireland when they also adopted it. Icky, thin paper notes, and terrible coins you had to stare at to tell apart, because they're too similar in size and weight. Ick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.