Spymonitor 0.1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Notok, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

http://spymonitor.sourceforge.net/

Not much info, and no UI (just a tray icon) It's beta, doesn't seem overly buggy. Only takes about 5mb of RAM.

Anyone else use this? Any opinions?

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

interesting..... think it may only work on xp though .

3. dog

dog Guest

Correct solarpowered candle, ;)
    ... it has a forum available too --> http://s7.invisionfree.com/SpyMonitor/index.php? ... ~it must be pretty new ~ ... the forum only has 3 registered members and a total of 7 posts. ;)

I haven't check SpyMonitor out, but if I do so ... I'll report back my thoughts. ;)

Steve

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

it has the same icon as the xp disk cleanup ...

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Well I hit a couple snags.. the update on first run crashed it, but it was fine after that. The second was that it caused my mouse wheel to not work in Firefox, but this seems to be a conflict with my mouse driver, which uses system hooks (I use an iFeel mouse by Logitech.) Sometimes it will work after a few seconds, but sometimes it just won't.. so I'm guessing that it has some efficiency issues with hooks. Other than that, though, it looked pretty good, and I will continue to keep an eye on it.. it's still a beta after all.

Anyone else have any feedback? Maybe we can get some good feedback going here and email a link to the developers.

6. elreteipos

elreteipos Registered Member

I am the creator of SpyMonitor and I'm glad to announce version 0.2 of my program. Some bugs with the updater and the main program are fixed. The update process is now silent. This means SpyMonitor updates itself in the background. I also tried to make the program run faster by changing the code structure and I think it now uses only 3 MB RAM.

But to extend the defenitions, I need people who know something about spyware that can report it. How? For example: GAIN uses gmt.exe to operate on your computer so I'll have to program SpyMonitor to seek for gmt.exe in the memory. So you report on the forum: GAIN uses gmt.exe to operate in the memory and then I add it to the definitions.

Thanks for using SpyMonitor.

Greetings,

El reteiPos

http://spymonitor.sourceforge.net

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Very cool, thanks for the heads up!

8. backspace

backspace Guest

I wonder how this program really compares to SpywareGuard. Is it better or good to run in combination with SG. Maybe this program has the newer defs that SG is now missing.

9. elreteipos

elreteipos Registered Member

If you discover a new bug that isn't listed yet, you may report it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.