Panda AntiVirus 2005 with TruPrevent

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Green Giant, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I have Panda AntiVirus 2005 with TruPrevent, which has today, and for the very first time, refused to allow Spyware Blaster to update automatically, deeming this to be a dangerous practice.

I have also had the same problem and message with Tweakmaster 2.04 from Hagel Technologies today, again for the very first time. As with hagel, I am asking you please to take action with Panda to get this annoyance resolved.

I am e-mailing Panda too, but they do not answer support queries quickly if at all!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Unfortunately, we'll probably have less luck than you (a paying customer), but we'll certainly try to contact them.

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Blackdalek

Blackdalek Registered Member

This is the main reason i moved on from Panda - They just don't answer.

4. Green Giant

Thanks to both of you.

Unfortunately my subscription to Panda runs to July 2006, but I may be forced to look at other antivirus solutions.

5. Blackdalek

Blackdalek Registered Member

Thanks - And good Luck.

Although - i said Panda did not answer - i'm not saying their products are bad.

Although it don't fill you with much confidence if you can't get any response from the "24 hour" support they promise.

They just fail to deliver it.

Again - Good luck for the future.

6. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Allegedly Panda Software has released a new version of Panda AntiVirus 2005 with TruPrevent that puts an end to the problem of not allowing SpywareBlaster to add new protections (and Spybot to Immunize). The new release is 4.01.02.

This information was acquired from the following:
    Spybot And Panda Antivirus Compatibility?
    Panda won't let spybot immunize
    http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=27885

7. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I just bought it last week and was having the same problem.

I just ckecked their download area and its still 4-01-00

:)

8. Green Giant

Unfortunately it is version 4.01.02, which I have, that seems to cause the problem.

I too have noted that the 'latest' download from the Panda UK web site has reverted to 4.01.00, and wonder if I should uninstall my current installation and go back to the earlier one.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey GG,

Since this is not a Spywareblaster issue....I have moved your thread to out Anti-virus Forum where others might be able to help with your Panda re-installation question.

Regards.
    Bubba

10. polyglory

GG it does it on 4.01.00 as well, thats the one I have.

They have not replied to me neither, so much for their 24 hr cover :(

11. Green Giant

The effect of Panda Antivirus 2005 with TruPrevent on Spyware Blaster is worse than I had thought.

Today I manually updated Spyware Blaster with the Feb 13 update. It then showed 36 items in Restricted Sites Protection as being unprotected. Neither clicking on 'Enable All Protection' nor checking each of the unchecked boxes in Restricted Sites Protection would work as a TruPrevent pop-up announced that it had been blocked as a dangerous action. Shutting down Panda still did not disable TruPrevent, so Panda appears to have limited the usefulness of Spyware Blaster considerably.

My version of Panda is 4.01.02, and on re-examining my subscription, I am said to be covered until November 2006, so I am stuck!

12. StarTech

StarTech Guest

I was waiting for more than week to get reply from them with tool for uninstall of Panda Security.

However I am impressed with their detection of spywares! Almost any file that I submit to virustotal.com Panda detect it as well as KAV.

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well guys thanks for the info on Panda's support...was seriously considering it! Yeah, their detection and heuristics are simply great, if only they could improve that unpack engine...

14. Green Giant

Surprise! Surprise! I received an e-mail from Panda UK today advising me to turn off TruPrevent by going to Permanent File Protection and unchecking 'Protect against unknown threats'. Now SpywareBlaster is configured without difficulty and both Tweakmaster and SpyCatcher work normally.

The downside is that the Panda Protection Level is now 'Medium', but with TDS3 and Process Guard, I feel reasonably assured.

My contact with Panda was through their web site message facility rather than the e-mail link from Titanium's interface.l

15. ElLobo

ElLobo Guest

I have been unchecking 'Protect against unknown threats' (from main program/automatic protection settings this saves some time) running SWB update 'enable all protection' then rechecking 'Protect against unknown threats'. This leaves you with FULL protection.

16. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Is there no forum for this Panda AV that you could get quicker responses with. As i have saw that for most good AV (i rate panda as a very good AV) but all the good AV have an official or unnoffical forum to get help with.

17. sunlightboy

sunlightboy Registered Member

i don't like panda anti virus software

18. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

why not? Its good, low resource use and very good detection.

19. polyglory

I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago, this is the third time this has happened and after three cleanouts and re-installs, it keeps coming back.

Error Protection aganist unknown threats Protection low

The support site gave me a not available window, any ideas I do not like this coming up all the time. Confidence level is sinking on this product.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.