Windows XP Freeze on startup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xyberangel, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyberangel

xyberangel Registered Member

Im new to this forum. I have an issue with my Windows XP (with SP2). The OS freeze as soon as I boot up. It displays the desktop and the status bar and nothing more. The mouse icon goes in wait mode -- hour glass and does not allow me to enter any command or click start button.

I used CtRL+ALT+DEL to get into task manager. I figured out that if I kill my explorer.exe process and then run it again from File->New Task (from my task mgr.), my desktop loads fine and there is no issue.

This happens everytime and I need to kill my explorer.exe process and re-run it again. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Maths

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  2. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, if you look in the Windows event viewer, it should give you some technical info on the error, if you could post back the error message and code I will try an help.

To get to event viewer;

Control panel > Performance & Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.

Look in Applications first for any error messages, then Security and System.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.