can't scan in safe mode

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cadmus, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

I have been trying to scan from safe mode (XP home-sp2).
    Cannot get to control panel-"Error communicating with NOD32 Kernal". From Start/All Programs/Eset/Nod32 I get same error and then My Profile window, but no way to move from there. NOD works perfectly from normal start-up.

Any ideas?

f

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005
  2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

In safe mode, it's impossible to run Control Center because Windows only load basic services, however you can run a scan. Just go to Eset and select NOD32. It will open and said you that it's impossible to scan operative memory, however doing a full scan of your disks will be enought.

3. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

Sir Carew-thnks for the reply. When i do as you say the window displays the 2 frames for target selection, but the bottom row of buttons (scan, clean, etc.) is cut off, so can't initiate scan. Can't seem to re-size or move window to reveal buttons.

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Welcome. That's strange. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall NOD32?

5. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi cadmus:

Try command line options using Start/Run to ensure you do not have another issue. sir carew gave sound advice regarding the uninstall, re-install. I would run the scan first (in safe mode).
    c:\progra~1\eset\nod32.exe /local /clean /delete /all /ah /mailbox+ /mapi-/arch+ /pack+ /program /scroll+ /wrap+ /log+ /quit+

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  6. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

Rumpstah- Thanks for the input. Received errors with command string you suggested: "cannot find " in safe mode; "Incorrect command line parameter:/mapi-/arch+" in normal mode. perhaps it is time to try reinstall.

Incidently,this all stems from repeated appearances of several "trojan downloader" critters (could look up exact names in logs on request). Eventually dumped restore points-not holding my breath, but no reappearance yet.

Thanks again for your attention.

7. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi cadmus:

If you copied and pasted, there was a space missing between /mapi- and /arch+ (the edit window wraps the text when copied and pasted). I added a space after /mapi- so they would not appear as 1.

c:\progra~1\eset\nod32.exe /local /clean /delete /all /ah /mailbox+ /mapi- /arch+ /pack+ /program /scroll+ /wrap+ /log+ /quit+

8. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

Rumpstah-that did it! Thanks. Will report anything interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.