Problem with USB controller, TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by powellsbrandon, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powellsbrandon

powellsbrandon Registered Member

Hi, I just got the latest version of TI 8 and plan to do most of my work off the Boot CD. Firing up the bootCD on a machine with an Asus P4BGL-VM , I get an error

usb.c ... device not responding .. Error (-71)

(Sorry I didn't get the full text, the loader doesn't respond to Pause/Break)

twice, and then the program loads up, but my external USB2 hard drive is not detected. If I pull the USB connector out and plug it into my XP Pro workstation, it detects and reads from the drive just fine.

This is not a surprising problem - neither XP nor 2000 have native drivers for this chipset's (Intel 845GL) USB2, and in my PEBuilder enviro I can only use the USB1.1 controller, but if there's any way to help the rescue CD recognize this boot device, I'd much appreciate hearing it. Perhaps the rescue CD iso can be repacked by the EU with new drivers?

Alternately, I haven't had much luck finding a TI 8 plugin for Bart's PEBuilder. I'd be OK with using that instead.

Edit: apparently you Acronis developers are working on a PEBuilder plugin. Kudos!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello powellsbrandon,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround (see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317). It may solve the problem.
    If not please contact support@acronis.com with the description of the problem and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact to Marian Fadeeva.

Our Development Team is working on the plugin for Bart's PEBuilder and we expect it to be released soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. MrChris

MrChris Registered Member

Any updates on when the PEBuilder Plugin will be posted and where?

Thanks again,

MrChris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.