Earthquake and powerful tidal waves kill thousands in Southeastern Asia.

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by nadirah, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

The latest update on death toll... :'(

Attached Files:

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

we know how we feel and the often confusion about such ... to hear how one copes in such a part of the world i want too share a posting from one in a group I belong too., who resides in malaysia

Hallo all,

I am from Malaysia. One of the affected country. I agree with Sue that disaster do bring out the best in human. Especially in the realm of spirituality.

There is now outpouring of help from everyone to the victims of tsunami. Every layer of society is suddenly aware of their own fragile human lifes. There is so much of outpouring of compassion in the country to the one affected. Charities, foods, clothing etc is pouring in to the victims. Human suffering brings out the compassion in us.

In the news, we heard of father losing sons, mother losing their daughters, grandfather losing their grandchild, husband losing their wife, family wipe out. It is indeed a great tragedy.

Our country had called off the New Year celebration in memory of the dead.

Such tragedy suddenly push you into Now. To let go of excess baggage and realise that life is precious.

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Correction- official death toll now at 125,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.