JavaVirus.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hellcat, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellcat

Hellcat Guest

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Open up the Sun Java control panel thing (look for the .exe where you installed it), find the tab that says "cache" and clear it with that. Sorry that I couldn't provide more comprehensive instructions.

Another option would be to open IE and clear the browser cache (delete temporary files, yes to delete offline content)

3. Hellcat

Hellcat Guest

Im not really certain were Sun Java controal panel is. Only thing I can find in my start menu is Java Runtime Enviroment. Forgive my ignorance. Ive gone to my internet options and deleted my cookies and temorary internet files, but I rescanned and nothing had changed. I never get any option for "offline files" when I delete cookies or files. So im not really sure about that part.

Any more help would be appreciated.

thanks.

4. quexx88

No problem!

Just go to the Windows Control Panel, and double-click Java, and delete the cache from there.

NOTE: If you can't find the Java icon, make sure you are running in the "classic" control panel view.

5. Hellcat

Hellcat Guest

I did as you said and deleted the temp internet files and my cookies. I also went into my Java/cache and hit the "Clear JAR cache" button. I still have the virus files when I scan with both AVG and antivirus.com.

Also, note the top Trojan Horse one.. That one comes up on antivirus.com too, and still cannot be removed.

What are some other options?

Thanks again.

Hellcat

6. quexx88

Try downloading the trial of ewido at www.ewido.net and scan with that.

7. Hellcat

Hellcat Guest

I downloaded it, ran it, and I got rid of 2 spyware files, but it did nothing for my viruses. I just re-scanned with AVG and they are still there.

Im really becoming confused...

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. synapse

synapse Registered Member

god i hate java, they install virus's like a mofo

10. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

When I got infected files in the temp folder, including JavaByte Verifiers I had to go into tools, internet options, delete files and make sure that offline content is checked too.

I use Avg 7 Pro.

11. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Downlaod Bitdefender Free, that should sort it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.