Quarantine

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by dvk01, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

This is not a Knock TDS or when will TDS4 be released thread but a sinmple query

Will TDS4 have a quarantine or backup folder so that any removed malware can be stored in case of a FP or a gen8uine tool removed

We know that TDS will detect many of the tools that hackers use and offer to remove them but off course all these tools have a dual purpose and can be used legitimately and if the user removes such application after TDS detects it would be nice to have the ability to restore if wanted to

This really came up from this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58182

Where TDS detects cybersitter which like many similar applications can be used for good or bad and where it's being used as a good application to block certain sites to stop kids seeing unwanted sites I can see the occasion where a user might unwittingly remove it

Also can TDS 4 have a better exclude system rather than a folder level exclude possibly a file exclude from detection

Thanks

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

All good points, :) I am sure that DCS will take note of them if these points have not already been covered.

Thanks. Pilli

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Definitely ! the whole detection/exclusion thing has gone through a lot of design work. The end result will be that I will be able to detect a lot more legitimate tools which get used for attacks, but users can have them not detected by default. There is a growing need for detection of this "grayware"

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For the moment i keep copies of all detections in special folders i created myself, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.