win98se to winXP

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MeMyself, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeMyself

MeMyself Guest

Hello,

Just a small concern - don't know whether it's anything to worry about. Just moved from win98se to winxp. Used to, and still do, use zonealarm firewall. But I've noticed there's a lot more activity now, where Zonealarm appears to be interacting with the internat a lot more. Also, when downloading, for example a driver package aroung 20mb, the outgoing traffic bar seems to rise up (ie. uploading more).

With win98se, I've noticed that when downloading, the outgoing bar always stayed at the first, whereas incoming (green) bar fluctuates, depending on info received.

I am accessing net from ethernet router; in winxp, I have to allow Generic Host Process for Win32 services - is this anything to worry about?

Thanks for your anticipated input.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Xp is a completely different operating system than 98 and as such it will react differently. In xp if you don't allow generic host process you probably won't be able to connect to the internet. you can go to the link and find a lot of info on xp if you would like xp info

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.