RegRun Beta Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dog, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

Just a quick question regarding the RegRun Beta, that Chris posted in update alerts. If anyone knows? --> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58011

Is the trial for registered users only?

If no / Is it based on the 30-day free trial. So, if one has already used the 30-day trial, are they excluded from this beta test? Or are you given a temp lic. key?

Steve

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure but I would guess that if your trial time is over after 30 days, you cannot start another trial.

But to be sure you could try to ask it at the Greatis-forum:
    http://greatissoftware.com/forums/index.php

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

Well, I got home from work ... DL'd it ... and answered my own question(s).

You can only trial this beta ... if your a registered user or/ have not trialed RegRun previously. :rolleyes:

It would have been helpful if this info was posted with the update alert.

My 2 cents ... Just call it a Private Beta ... What use is it for an unregistered user to Trial this Beta ... Having No Knowledge of RegRun 400 ... Therefore having no ability to compare its functality, Performance, UI, etc., etc. . :rolleyes: What value could they add to testing? It's too bad really, you lost a large potential testing pool ...

I liked your Product ... Just not enough to put down the bucks ... I was hoping to experience your newer product, hoping it would convince me otherwise ... I guess we'll never know. Oh, Well.

Steve

{Edit} Thanks Jan :) ... I guess I was thinking and pecking away at the keyboard keys while you posted ... Thanks anyway my Friend. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2004
  4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Steve,

If I were you, I would post over at the official RegRun forum at the link Jan posted above and ask. It never hurts, and knowing Dmitry, he may give you another 30 days to evaluate. I have been using Reg Run for over 2 years now and would not be without it. There are so many things that i can do with it that I cannot do with any other program. And Dmitry's support is excellent...

5. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Anyway Kent, ;)

I just wish this info was posted with the update alert (Which I did). It's too bad really ... I wouldn't mind giving my input ... and I was actually hoping it would sell me on buying it. But I won't go thru with that effort ... they aren't interest in unregistered users opinions, because if they were, this ability would have been built-in.

Thanks Again Kent & Jan. ;) I do appreciate it. :)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.