SEARCH ENGINE PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mfpd, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfpd

mfpd Registered Member

I can't get my autosearch engine working, it's all blank. I tried to customize it but this script keeps appearing "an error has occurred in th script on this page"

line; 6
    char:10
    error:category is underfined
    code:0

do you want to contunue running scripts on this page?" and when I say yes, it still won't let me customize.

Would someone here be able to help me, please?

Thank you all for your help in advance

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

It's been a while since I ran across this - assume you are using IE. Try Tools>Internet Options>Advanced. Under the Browsing section, if "Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)" is not checked, please check it, click Apply, then OK. Does that help?

Blue

3. mfpd

mfpd Registered Member

Hello Blue, and thank u for answering my post. Yes, I am using IE. It's that left side search panel(as if you didn't know) that I can't get to work. I did what you suggested by putting a check along side the "disable script debugging in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, but it still doesn't work. That search panel just stays all blank and if that script error window didn't appear I could customize the settings. That script error just won't let me pass.I was using that search panel just two weeks ago and don't know what happened to it. Again, thank you so much :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

The other thing I'd try, more as a shot in the dark and just before I attempted an IE repair as suggested by ronjor, is to empty out cookies and temporary files (Tools>Internet Options>General - Delete Cookies; Delete Files, Delete all offline content; Clear History).

Blue

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Do you recall if you had your Customize Search feature set for Search Assistant or Use one search service ?

If you had it set for....Use one search service....I would be curious to know which site is being called for in regards to your Search Bar entry. If you take a look at the below registry location....you should have a similar entry. The portion that determines which site you have selected....is the number part in bold below....which for 01 signifies MSN Search. Unfortunately this is not something you can reset via IE's Reset Web Settings.

Some of the one search service entries are:
    02=AOL Search
    03=Big Foot
    04=EuroSeek
    -
    -
    -
    etc.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"Search Bar"="http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS[B]01[/B]"
    If....you had it set to use Search Assistant....that will be a different set of sites and a different set of circumstances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.