What is the NMS modules???

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by CoCo, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoCo

CoCo Guest

Hello,

amon = monitor
    imon = e-mail scanning
    nms = o_O?

what ids the fonction of nms module?

thank you
    CoCo

2. Phil

Phil Registered Member

From what little I understood about NMS on install, it has to do with using Outlook in a corp environment. I did not select that on install but I guess it saw I *do* have Outlook on this system so it added it anyway. <shrug> I guess that's why I still get the "MAPI" error every time the beta does something just like the release version because I don't have Outlook as my default email client. If I set Outlook as default, the errors go away. You can uncheck that module to turn it off.

HTH
    Phil

3. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Anyone else can comment on that?? Don't have Office even close to my testsystem - did a custom install, but nms was installed and set anyway - why.

What does it do??

I did let it install on my normal system - I use Office but haven't installed Outlook - so will I need it??

win2k, 233 mhz 160MB Ram PII

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't have Outlook. I did a typical install and it installed on my W98SE box. The help for NMS modules is missing and the modules appear to do nothing. I think this not yet operative.

Have you noticed the misspelled words and outdated information for some of the help items? That is ok, since this is a beta version...but the misspelled words are humorous! ;)

5. marti

marti Registered Member

Interesting, when I did a scan today it found this:

C:\Program Files\ESET\Install\DISK1\data1.dat » RAR » nms32.dll - archive damaged

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NMS stands for NOD Mail Scanner.

In a nutshell:
    NMS is used for scanning e-mails being received by clients
    supporting MAPI interface (that's easy to confuse with POP3),
    e.g MS Outlook corporate version.

7. Ghost

Ghost Guest

So in other words, if you do not use Outlook for your email (corporate or otherwise), you should totally turn this module off??

8. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Sorry for insisting - I have becky - is a mapi client or at least can mapi - so what??

Ruben

9. marti

marti Registered Member

Stupid NMS module won't stay off! I did a "dirty" install of the NOD beta and specifically selected "no" to NMS. When I rebooted, NMS was on again. Arrrggg!

10. Well, in addition to 3 POP3 emails, I have an email account that uses Outlook/Exchange WEBMAIL Based. So, should I have NMS on? With the previous version of NOD, evven though this was web based and not pop3 , the NOD32 email scanner automatically detected it! Even though it was web based!
    :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.