NOD32 2.0 BETA IS OUT !!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Technodrome, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

http://www.eset.sk/img/banner.gif

http://www.eset.sk

Program is in English!
    http://www.eset.sk/nd98enstb1.exe - 9x/ME
    http://www.eset.sk/ndntenstb1.exe - NT/2000/XP

Technodrome

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Hi Tech.
    Is it for everyone to try out, or do you have to apply ,or something like that
    Regards
    Ole :D

3. Technodrome

Publicly made! No registration needed!

Its running smoth on Windows XP!

Nice job done guys!!!!

Technodrome

4. Madsen DK

Great, ill try it too later this evening :D

5. Madsen DK

Installed, and up and running now.
    Runs very fine here too. :D
    As Tech said- nice job dobe- very nice indeed :D
    Regards Ole

6. Ledendo

Ledendo Registered Member

Yes, really great job, runs very fine on my 98 box. However I cannot find the setup dialog to create mirror copies of the virus signature files. The present stable version provides a way to create these to burn them on a CD. I have my system partitioned into various partitions and thus would really like to have this option again in order to update the other partitions. Am I just too blind to find this option or is it missing in the beta and if so, will it be in the final?
    The help file mentions that the "mirror copies" options are available in the admin mode (same as in present stable version), but they aren't...
    One last remark: The scanning speed has improved on my system, although the memory usage is higher. The most noticeable effect is that Amon is scanning more quickly when opening runtime packer compressed exes.
    And one final: When checking the "scan all files" option in the scan target selection, the extension list turns white (ie empty) rather than greyed out...bug or feature?
    That's it for now, will have some more testing now...:).

7. kabronsete

kabronsete Registered Member

I found that it's unable to scan into new rar files (3.0) I readed that this must work in this version :(

Regards,

8. Technodrome

It does!

Technodrome

9. :D
    I LLLIIIKKKEEE IT!

:D

I had to change the email settings back to normal.. The modules are basically the same with more features in it.. IT HAS QUARANTEE!

No more 3 icons in the tray, and I can't find the "throbbing NOD" from AMON, anywhere.. I see a more conventional virus warning screen when I executed Eicar..

I MISS MY THROBBING NOD!

Otherwise, seriously, folks.. It looks WONDERFUL!
    Congrats to the guys at ESET!

:D

10. Madsen DK

I miss the creepy little thing too, but i think we`ll get over it.
    Regards
    Ole :D

11. Technodrome

I know! Some people were obsessed by that thing! But you will get over it....

OR

NOT :eek:

12. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume Registered Member

I have installed the beta, when i try to start AMON, i get the message:
    "Unable to load resident protection" Can anyone help? Thanks

13. Ledendo

Hmmm...still can't find the mirror setup, although the help file definitely mentions it o_O, but well...one thing I like about this new version is the fact that it got much more difficult to remove the amon protection from memory. In the present version a simple terminating of the process seems to be enough, now that removes only the GUI, nice improvement! :)

14. Technodrome

Did you restart you computer after installation?
    Do you have another Antivirus installed?

Technodrome

15. Ledendo

Did you restart your computer? Without a restart AMON cannot load.

OOPS...a little too late ;)

16. Technodrome

Ledendo:

There are 3 install options to chose from… I did typical for now. Which one you got?

Technodrome

17. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I got the same on an WinXP Pro machine. Uninstalled NOD rebooted then installed the beta again and it worked fine.

18. Ledendo

I tried all of them esp. the 3rd one, network admin mode, because this is the mode to chose in the present version, the help file mentions that an additional button will be available in the control center...but there is none

19. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Runs fine on my WinXP machine. Tried it on one of my kids machines running WinME and MS ICS as the ICS host. Unable to access the internet unless I disable ICS?

20. CARCHARODON

CARCHARODON Registered Member

Would someone mind posting a couple screen shots for us who don't like to run beta software. please.

21. Ledendo

Well, I don't have any screenshots at the moment, but at least the mystery of the file extension selection is solved: sometimes reading the help file helps ;). When selecting to scan all extensions the file extension list serves as an exclusion list...hmmm...new feature, but seems to be a useful one...

22. Lithp

Lithp Registered Member

How long does this beta last before we have to purchase it?

23. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi No problem, I'll wait till tomorrow : if nobody else
    has done it before.

OT : I think ESET team is too clever l;-)
    IMHO it's already a final v but they don't mention it, wise and cautious guys :) (j/k)

I often saw "final versions" for security apps which where in fact alpha :)

Joly good shot, ESET team !

Rgds,

24. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

WOW! Great work Eset!! :) :)

I only had a minor problem (as long as it doesn't occur again) and that was that I had ALL my email since Dec 19 suddenly dump into my inbox again when I first opened OE after installing NOD 32 beta. I am assuming this occured because I leave a copy of all mail on the server for five days so I can d/l to Mozilla mail if I want in addition to OE. I assume that is where the double copies of all the mail I had already read came from today? Is this going be a problem if I leave a copy on the server? I had a LOT of duplicate email to delete today!!

Otherwise, everything went smoothly and I LOVE the new interface. Sleek and easy to use. A minor note, the deep turquoise color is the very color of my automobile and I love that color!

OOOOPS!!! I just found a MAJOR BUG!!! or I have some setting wrong, but I can't see what it could be. HELP! :( :( Looks like I have to go back to the old version. Unless someone can tell me how to get OE 5.5 to place a copy of a sent message into the sent folder. It is no longer doing this!! Plus, a minor detail, but I don't see any notification, on the emails I have sent as tests to myself at other email addresses and to a friend, that the mail was scanned and found free of viruses. The help manual says that is supposed to be on the email. Why would OE suddenly stop placing a copy of the sent mail into the sent foldero_O Why would this new version of NOD32 affect thato_O? I checked my OE settings and I still have the box "save copy of sent items in sent items folder" checked so OE should be saving the items, but it not doing so since I installed NOD32 ver. 2 beta.

:) :) :) Messages are now being saved in the sent items folder in OE!!! From all four of my addresses. I didn't change any settings or anything. But I do have finicky W98SE. So, I rebooted and opened OE and sent a test message again. It still wouldn't save the message. So, I closed OE then reopened and on the third reopening, OE started saving the sent messages again. HOORAY!! Because I love this NOD32. I sure didn't want to have to go back to the earlier version.

PLUS, now the sent messages have the notification that NOD32 checked them! That is so NEAT! :)

25. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Here are a couple of screen shots:

- Image size adjusted to fix borders - LowWaterMark

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.