Nod32 and download manager

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ellison64, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Im just trying this av and find the small resources taken very good on my low spec machine.Im not sure whther i have version one or two?.I have purchased this (after using the trial version for a few days)The version is this 1.935 (im using w98se),so im not sure whtehr i should post in this forum or version one forum.Anyway heres my problem.I use mass downloader and have set the command parameter in the downloader to C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe /quit- .This works well and opens nod and scans the file and stays on the screen until i quit it.However i want nod to scan runtime packers,archives,and potentially dangerous applications.When i use the setup and tick these the settings dont stay.Everytime the download finishes and nod scans the file (in this case a subseven trojan within the zip file) , it doesnt detect it because it reverts to default settings.How can i get it to stay on the settings i want.See attach...

Attached Files:

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

try to create a new profile in profiles tab. For example with name "download". And then set the options of scan.. archives, runtime, ... and save it. Then repair command parameter to: C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe /config=download - now it should work.

3. ellison64

Thanks for the advice.It now works great ....except for one little thing.Everytime i now quit or "X" the window i get a "modified" dialouge which asks me to save or not.Im not sure why though....see attachment.
    tia
    ellison

Attached Files:

4. ellison64

Fosius...
    Please disregard my last post.I have been testing the configuration you advised by downloading the same file through my download manager.It is that that causes the modification dialouge.There is no problem when i test other malware files that havent been previously downloaded.Once again thank you for your advice .It now works correctly :)
    ellison

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can check your version number in Control Centre> Nod32 System Tools> Information scroll down a little, as per screen shot…

From the sounds of this, you have version 2.XX.X, what the “X’s” you are about to find out ;) :D

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• Here.gif
      Here.gif
      File size:
      36.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  6. ellison64

Thank you for extra information .You are correct ..i do seem to have version2.
    thanks again
    ellison

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Do you have version 2.12.3?

Cheers :D

8. ellison64

Hello Blackspear.....
    Yes i do have version 2.12.3
    thanks again
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.