Another E000101F4 error report

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nreiter, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nreiter

nreiter Registered Member

I posted this in another thread, but decided to start a new one so it doesn't get lost.

I just moved my drives to a new computer with an Asus A8V motherboard with onboard Promise SATA controller. Of course, TrueImage gave the E000101F4 error when I tried to run it. I uninstalled TI, rebooted, deleted the Acronis common files, and all references in the registry. When I tried to reinstall build 774, it finished with an error and didn't install. So now I have no TI program, and no backup.

The version I was running was Acronis True Image 8.0 build 774 October 8, 2004. What do I have to do to get TI to install?

-- Ned --

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. nreiter

I'll have to try it again, but it just said that the installation failed. I'll run it again later today and get the actual text.

-- Ned --

4. Acronis Support

Ned, could you please clarify the full model name of your onboard Promise SATA controller?

Thank you.

5. nreiter

The A8V mobo has a Promise SATA378 Raid controller.

-- Ned --

6. Acronis Support

Dear Ned,

Acronis True Image 8.0 build 774 should work just fine with this controller.

Please try to install it once again and let me know the exact error message if there appears any.

Thank you.

7. nreiter

The installer runs through the complete installation process, including the driver installation, then ends with the attached window.

-- Ned --

Attached Files:

8. Acronis Support

Dear Ned,

Please send me a private message with your email address and I will contact you soon with the instructions regarding this problem.

Thank you.

9. nreiter

I sent my email address yesterday and have not yet received your message.

You can send to nreiter@gmail.com if the other address didn't work for any reason.

10. morrmar1

morrmar1 Guest

Why take it to email since this is a public forum?

11. nreiter

Still no word. Still can't install TI. What are you doing to get me a fix?

-- Ned --

12. jmatherne

jmatherne Registered Member

All I did was change out the Western Digital Hard drive in my second bay to a larger Western Digital Hard drive and got the same error message. I have no clue as I have done this twice before with no problems.

The problem is the driver was missing. I found out on this forum that if you go to "http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exeweb site " and download the file and run it your problem will be solved.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  13. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, morrmar!

So why are you hidding as a guest, why not be public and Join Wilders Security Forums.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

14. nreiter

You now have 2 email addresses to contact me regarding this problem, yet I have heard nothing in 8 days. Do you have a solution for me or should I demand a refund as TI8 will not install for me at this time.

15. jmatherne

jmatherne Registered Member

Go to your Hardware Device Manager and update your Acronis Driver. It has gotten lost. This is a common problem and I have had it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.