What is in MS-Words hidden embedded data?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by HandsOff, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I've heard that MS-Word embeds metadata about (god knows what) and the customary (for them) unique user ID.

I think MS's excuse has to do with combatting plagurism, or something? Some say that people in the Legal Profession use some kind of super expensive software to protect the privacy of their clients...Wow! anyway, I really don't know anything and the preceding is just sort of what I have heard said.

Assuming there is this "hidden data" are there tools available to read and possibly erase or edit data that is embedded in Word?

i doubt this is a concern of too many people, but i'd just like to know exactly what this data says, if anything, and what can be done about it, if anything.

-HandsOff

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. HandsOff

Thanks Mr. Jor

That is indeed good to know. I will check it out post haste!

-HandsOff

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

5. HandsOff

Javacools Doc Scrubber is excellent!

IMHO JC has managed once again to write a program in such a clear logical way that one is able to install the program, use it, and then assess the results in less time than it is taking me to write this. Additionally, he provides links to more information for those who need it. This is not a program, it is a work of art!

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.