Trojan horse TR/Click.Verzil.A.3 - Can't find info

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by 3k3, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Have AntiVir Personal XP 6.28.0.10 and it found this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Yvonne\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content
    F482C95F83F1B59228F1B1E720F2EDF1
    [DETECTION] The Trojan horse TR/Click.Verzil.A.3
    WAS DELETED!

Have never had a Trojan before, and tried to find out something about this one, but no info googling. Are you aware of this one, and if so where did I get it. Have not downloaded anything for a long time, and run AntiVir almost daily so it must have happened within 1-2 days. It says deleted, but does this also include the registry??
    Can you also recommend a reputable online free Trojan Scanner.

Thank you as I wait for your reply.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I haven't seen that trojan before, so i can't help you with that one. There links to Panda, trend Micro and F-Secure's online-scanners in my signature. :)

3. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Thank you for the links Don Pelotas. :)
    I'll keep looking to see if I can't find some data on this Verzil nasty.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

One of the most irritating features of these AV companies is that they all seem to name the various trojans differently, so you don't know where you are! But since you are using AntiVir why not look up info in the virus encyclopaedia at their site here :- http://www.antivir.de/en/virus_information/index.html

5. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Thanks for the link TopperID :)
    I agree it is very frustrating with the different names of viruses, trojans etc.
    Tried the link which came up with 'no such'. Very strange. I know they have a support forum (mostly in german) which I sort of still speak - learned it in school way back, but I think it's also some in english so perhaps I should ask somebody there. It really bothers me a lot I can't find anything about this trojan. :(

Again appreciate your response. :D

6. CompTech

CompTech Guest

My Antivir got rid of the virus it seems. I just want to know where the heck this virus/Trojan came from and what exactly it does? And my big question is where did I get it? The lack of information is the most fustrating part. I had 15 dialers associated with this trojan.

I have a question for the rest on this board, broadband or dial-up?

I'm on broadband and the virus is gone (I think) my computer is actually running better.

If I gst more info I'll be back.

Tip: If you are running Antivir XP make sure your settings are set to scan all files, and for Hueristic Viruses, and Win32, also make sure that you have all the unwanted programs checked, I no longer get the Click.Verzil.A.3 message I only got it when I first discovered the Trojan at 11:30est on 11/18/2004

Hope this help everyone.

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Hey, 3K3, if you're still out there and interested, I've discovered that TR/Click.Verzil is a so called Trojan Clicker.

Trojan Clickers are a family of Trojans that redirect victims' machines to specified websites, in order to:-

(1) raise the hit-count of a specific site for advertising purposes;
    (2) organize a DoS attack on a specified server or site;
    (3) lead the victim to an infected resource where the machine will be attacked by other malware (viruses or Trojans).

Clickers work either by sending commands direct to the browser or by replacing system files where Internet urls are stored (e.g. the 'hosts' file).

I accidently came across the above info while looking through Kaspersky's encyclopaedia for something else! Hope it helps, even though it may have been a false alarm in your case. :cool:

8. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Good Morning TopperID,
    Yes I'm still interested in finding out any info on this. AntiVir says it was a false positive, and that they fixed it.....find that kind of strange since there are
    TR/Click.Verzil.A.1
    TR/Click.Verzil.A.2
    However, I will give them the benfit of the doubt. For now............

Really appreciate all the info/links you have given me, and this clarifies it further.
    Take Care :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.