amon catches virus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by girobb, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girobb

girobb Registered Member

o_OI run NOD 32 on my XP machine.I noticed that when Amon alerts me to a virus,either from Kazaa or Hotmail, that I cannot delete,rename,or export virus. I run a scan afterwards and it comes up clean.What happens to the virus in this situation? Is it really gone? is it stop in transit?

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Its stopped before infecting your computer, i think.

3. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Yes and no at the same time. The answer on your first question is yes. The virus is really gone. The answer on the second question is no. Amon does not stop the viruses on transit. But anytime new file is created (this happens e.g. when you attempt to dowload some executable from internet) on your harddrive, AMON will scan it and if the file is or appears to be a virus, you warning window will be displayed.

4. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

But how is it possible to be unable to delete or rename the virus ?
    And why the "disinfect" button is greyed ?

I tested it with eicar.com file.

5. Phil

Phil Registered Member

You can't "disinfect" the Eicar test file. There wouldn't be anything left. If you received a doc file with an included virus, the av might be able to remove the virus code so the doc file would still be usable.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.