SpywareGuard, is it working? (Nan)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Nan, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nan

Nan Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard, Keep getting popup messages

Hi, I too have a question about Spyguard, if I may. How do I know if it is working ok as I have never had any warnings (perhaps I am lucky?) Do you have to enable it everytime you use your computer? or does it stay on all the time, I have been using it for some time now, I have IE. Thank you for your time.
    Regards
    Nan o_O

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard, Keep getting popup messages

Hi Nan,

Sorry for not replying sooner (I was looking for more information).

It may be that you are just lucky and haven't come across anything to make SpywareGuard pop up with a warning.

When surfing the internet, yes, you would want it to be actively running all the time to protect you.

To check that it is actively running, are you seeing the SG in the systray (down at the bottom of your screen near the clock), which would indicate that it is running.

Depending on how you have SpywareGuard's protection set up, you could check your TaskManager (Ctrl Alt Del) and see if the two SpywareGuard files are running: "sgmain.exe" and "sgbhp.exe".

To check SpywareGuard's settings, click on the SG in the systray (the one down near the clock, not the desktop icon) and under SpywareGuard Options --> General Protection Options....do you have all three options with a check in the box?

Regards,

snap

3. tigercatt9403

tigercatt9403 Registered Member

Hello Nan:

It just works in the background and rarely comes on unless that something
    goes wrong. It is a great great program and works perfect with spyware
    blaster. It is good to just let it run in the background and to never disable
    it , unless that that is necessary. I guess the other moderator said a lot
    of good stuff there. You have been lucky as he said and that is the best
    way. LOL.

tigercatt

4. Darth_V

Darth_V Guest

I have had SpywareGuard for some time now. I can't recall last time I found a new update. Is not this program becoming a bit obsolite after several months without being updated?

5. snapdragin

Welcome to Wilders, Darth_V. :)

If the definitions date shows 1/22/04, then you have SpywareGuard up-to-date. Because SpywareGuard's detection abilities are heuristics in nature, it does not need to be updated as often.

LowWaterMark explains it a bit more in this link: SpywareGuard Updates

Hope that helps,

Regards,

snap

6. Nan

Nan Registered Member

Hi Snap & Tigercatt, thank you so much for your replies. Snap I checked everything as you said and I have everything running and everything is checked, so I must be lucky lol. Appreciate your help and time. Take Care.
    Nan.

7. snapdragin

Great to hear it's working Nan, and that you're lucky! ;) :D

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.